The emo music genre has its roots in the ’80s, but it wasn’t until the 2000s that emo broke into mainstream culture. Numerous emo bands, who brought us their own brand of brooding, confessional music, were signed to major record labels. They not only promoted the music but they also embodied emo fashion and lifestyle.
Unfortunately, the hype didn’t last very long. Soon enough, well-loved emo bands either broke up or changed direction. The emo dudes below ditched the eyeliner for a different look. What do you think? Yay or nay?
1. Davey Havok from AFI
We’re loving the current hair.
2. Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy
Those highlights weren’t very flattering anyway.
3. Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco
Who else is digging his dapper style?
4. Chris Carrabba from Dashboard Confessional
Aw, we miss those long sideburns!
5. William Beckett from The Academy Is
The dude still loves scarves.
6. Andrew McMahon from Jack’s Mannequin and Something Corporate
The preppy look suits him.
7. Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy
The fedora hat works better, don’t you think?
8. Ryan Cabrera
Yep, that porcupine hair had to go.
9. Tyson Ritter from All American Rejects
He still looks hot AF.
10. Bert McCracken from The Used
We’re not so sure about the yellow nail polish.
11. Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria
Big hair then. Bigger hair now.
12. Forrest Kline from Hellogoodbye
The facial hair is a nice touch.
13. Ben Gibbard from Death Cab For Cutie
Why, hello there, Current Ben!
14. Sonny Moore (AKA Skrillex) from From First To Last
Yeah, the side part is better.
15. Pierre Bouvier from Simple Plan
Are we seeing a Mark Wahlberg lookalike?
16. Benji And Joel Madden from Good Charlotte
Loved them then. Love them now.
17. Quinn Allman from The Used
Where did the long locks go?
18. Kenny Vasoli from The Starting Line
His more defined curls deserve a thumbs up.
19. Adam Lazzara from Taking Back Sunday
We can barely recognize him now!
20. Jordan Pundik from New Found Glory
We wonder what happened to the ear piercing.
21. Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance
So glad he’s looking healthier these days.
Which of these emo guys do you think are looking great right now? Tell us in the comments!
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture