- Instagram user @rhmadii__ has shared photos of a 9-year-old boy named Rehan – who works as a street mascot in Indonesia.
- According to him, the child uses his earnings to help his family with their expenses.
- Rehan wears different mascot costumes each day to entertain drivers and commuters.
The pandemic has brought the global economy to its knees. Over the past several months, we have all seen numerous small and big businesses closing down for good. Meanwhile, other businesses that have managed to keep their doors open have been forced to layoff some of their employees.
This has left many of us struggling, grabbing every opportunity to earn and make ends meet. And yes, some young ones are doing their part to help their families as well.
Meet Rehan, a 9-year-old boy from Indonesia.
Rehan, a young Indonesian boy, has recently gained a lot of attention on social media after his story went viral on Instagram. The said child has been spotted working as a street mascot so he can make money and help provide for his family’s needs.
According to Instagram user @rhmadii__, he had the chance to talk with the child. He photographed him resting on the roadside while wearing his costume.
Apparently, Rehan gets up early in the morning and walks 10 kilometers daily to Jalan Gatot Subroto where he works as a mascot. His job, of course, is to “entertain drivers who are stuck in traffic or office workers en route to their workplaces,” an AsianParent article said.
Every day, Rehan dons different mascot costumes of popular cartoon characters such as Tom and Jerry, Upin and Ipin, Spongebob Squarepants, and Dora the Explorer, among others.
He uses his earnings to buy food food and to help his family with rental and school expenses. His mother, who works odd jobs, is just grateful for her hardworking son.
“The money is not bad. You can buy packaged rice to take home,” the boy said.
You can check out the full Instagram post here:
Man Who Gained 1.3-M Tiktok Followers Overnight Reveals He’s Actually Homeless
“I honestly couldn’t believe how fast that account blew up — I still can’t believe it,” he admitted.
- Oneya Johnson, 22, from Lafayette, Indiana, has created his own brand on TikTok with his "angry reactions".
- His first video had gotten so much attention that he gained 1.3 million followers in one night.
- Since he started on TikTok in late August, he has gained 4 million followers for his scary yet comforting reaction videos.
- Surprisingly, Oneya and his ex girlfriend Jillian revealed that the TikTok star is actually homeless.
- Jillian said they were evicted from their place in Michigan because of the neighbors complaining about their fights and Oneya's "big" voice.
CEO Who Took $1 Million Pay Cut So He Can Pay Employees $70,000 Each, Says Business Has Tripled Since
The bold move resulted to happier employees who worked harder than ever – which later led to greater growth for the company.
- In 2015, Gravity Payments CEO Dan Price voluntarily took a $1 million slash from his earnings.
- He made the bold move in order to afford giving all his employees a minimum annual salary of $70,000.
- It resulted to happier employees and business has tripled since.
80 Years Ago, Both Their Families Disapproved. Now, They’re The Oldest Married Couple On The Planet
“True love stands the test of time…”
- Julio Cesar Mora,110, and his wife, Waldramina Maclovia Quinteros Reyes, 104, has been married for 79 years.
- In June, the Guinness World Records recognized them as "The Oldest Married Couple" with an aggregate age of 214 years and 358 days.
- The Ecuadorian couple has five children, 11 grandchildren, 21 great grandchildren, and 9 great, great grandchildren.
- Julio and Waldramina, both retired teachers, believe that love, maturity, and respect are the key to a long, happy marriage.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village
The Chocolate Hills of Bohol, a Fascinating Geological Formation
Australian Woman Finds Around 20 Venomous Spiders On Her Swimming Pool
Torre Scola, a Fortress at Sea in La Spezia, Italy
The Lençóis Maranhenses National Park in Brazil