Since time immemorial, humans have been donning clothes to protect themselves from the elements. Naturally, traipsing around in some bark or some deer hide quickly became out of style, which then eventually gave birth to fashion.
Fashion, of course, is a fickle mistress whose playfulness shows herself in the form of wardrobe malfunctions. I’m not talking about just nip slips and twerk-torn skirts, but also little inconveniences like tight shoes, shrinking sweaters, and unpleasant creases. That’s why it follows that everyone who wears clothes must be aware of these simple wardrobe hacks.
1. Apply clear nail polish on buttons to keep the thread from coming loose.
2. Use toothpaste to get permanent marker stains out.
3. Tuck your pant legs into your socks to keep them secure while wearing boots.
4. Household staples make for the best stain removers.
5. Use an eraser to get dirt stains out of suede shoes.
6. Give big t-shirts a ruched look with a large safety pin.
7. Deodorize your clothes fast with a spritz of vodka.
8. De-fuzz your winter coats with a pumice stone.
9. Whiten your shoes with a mix of powdered detergent, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide.
10. Keep your zipper up by attaching it to the button with a keychain ring.
11. Sew or glue a fastener in the strap of your dresses to keep your bra straps from showing.
12. Quickly dry damp clothes by throwing in a clean, dry towel while they’re in the dryer.
13. Remove water spots from leather shoes by rubbing the area with some vinegar.
14. Stuck zipper? Add some petroleum jelly to get it loose.
15. Put a foam roller in your hanger to keep it from creasing your pants.
16. Put your angora sweater into a Ziploc bag and put it in the freezer for a few hours to keep it from shedding.
17. Tight shoes? Put on some thick socks, wear the shoes, and then blow dry to loosen them up a bit.
18. Pen stains? Remove them with some hand sanitizer!
19. Soak new clothes in vinegar to keep them from bleeding onto your other clothes.
20. Chalk is a great way to remove grease from clothes!
What’s your favorite wardrobe hack? Share them with us below!
Navy Seal Shows Step-By-Step Guide On How You Can Survive Drowning
Share this post and you just might save a life – maybe even your own!
Do you think you’ll be able to survive being thrown in the sea with your hands and feet tied up? Unless you're like the superhuman diver who can go down 20 meters in just one breath, many of us will likely respond “no” to that question. Besides, that is definitely a difficult scenario to be in.
If you ask former Navy Seal Clint Emerson though, he’d answer with a resounding “yes.” Furthermore, he tells us that, with adequate practice, anyone can actually do it.
In his book entitled 100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative’s Guide, Clint shared numerous skills he has learned during his time serving in the United States Navy. Needless to say, his insights are absolutely useful....
20 Super Easy Food Hacks that Are Borderline Genius
Kitchen work doesn’t have to be complicated!
Cooking and handling food is hard enough as it is without the usual spills and mishaps. Luckily, the internet is filled with useful life hacks to make preparing and eating food so much easier!
Buy your veggies in bulk and freeze them in airtight bags so they don't go bad for weeks.
Save your asparagus by cutting off their bottoms and putting them in a jar of water.
YouTuber Proves We’ve All Been Eating Burgers The Wrong Way
Oh gosh. My entire life is a lie!
Who the hell doesn’t like burgers? I, for once, am a sucker for a good sandwich. Well sure I know burgers aren’t exactly the healthiest of food choices but I always consider it as my little “guilty pleasure.” After a long day of work, I sometimes go out and grab my favorite burger to reward myself and kick the stress away.
Personally, I think there is always something satisfying about biting that special bun filled with meat, cheese, sauce, and a few vegetables. Call me corny or whatever but there’s really something “magical” about how all the different flavors perfectly mix together. Burgers are definitely my favorite!
The only downside to the damn thing, however, is that eating it can be a bit messy. It’s a struggle to keep the food together especially if you are eating a big one....