There are things in this life that must be done with precision — and that includes declaring someone dead. It’s definitely not enough for someone to be presumed dead.
When somebody dies, a thorough examination must be conducted by competent medical professionals. Otherwise, an already-tragic situation will turn into an absolute horror show.
They lived in Kazan City, Russia — a progressive and modern spot.
That’s what happened with a 49-year-old Russian woman named Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov back in 2011. Despite the fact that the story happened five years ago, it has become so popular that people all over the world continue to discuss it online.
So, what exactly happened?
Happy couple: Fagilyu and Fagili Mukhametzyanov.
The tragedy began when Fagilyu complained to her 51-year-old husband, Fagili, that she was feeling chest pains.
Fagili immediately rushed Fagilyu to a doctor near their home in Kazan City, Russia. Unfortunately, by the time they got to the doctor, Fagilyu had lost consciousness.
The doctor said that Fagilyu had probably experienced a heart attack. He then pronounced her dead. The grief-stricken Fagili decided not to have his wife embalmed. After all, in Russia, there are no requirements for embalming if the remains are to be buried locally.
Imagine hearing people pray for your soul!
About a couple of days later, Fagilyu was placed inside a coffin and her funeral was being prepared. However, as Fagili and their other relatives were saying their final goodbyes before the coffin was taken away to be buried, Fagilyu woke up.
Fagilyu sat up in her coffin. The first thing she saw were people who were crying. She heard them praying for her soul. When she realized that she was about to be buried alive, she screamed.
“Her eyes fluttered and we immediately rushed her back to the hospital but she only lived for another 12 minutes,” Fagili recalled.
Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov's remains after her "second death."
Doctors later confirmed that the shock of waking up at her own funeral most likely caused Fagilyu to have a heart attack. This time, she was not just presumed dead but she was really gone.
Fagili’s grief was doubled. He was also enraged. Reports said that he was thinking about suing the first doctor who had mistakenly declared Fagilyu as dead. However, no updates were published about the matter.
We can only hope that Fagili found peace in the aftermath of the horrible fiasco.
15 Terrible Tattoo Fails that Are Totally Cringe-Worthy
No matter how confident you are about the tattoo you’re getting, make sure you get a second or even a third opinion when it comes to spelling!
When you're out looking for the perfect tattoo to put on your skin, you usually go through the research of finding out its meaning and its significance to you. Unless you're one of the uber-trendy people who would get a tattoo for 15 minutes of fame, you definitely won't want some passing fad to end up on your skin for decades to come.
Other than researching on the meaning behind your tattoos (especially if it's symbolic or in a foreign language), you'd definitely want to check if your spelling is right. That's definitely not your tattoo artist's responsibility since they'll be asking you a handful of times if you're sure you want this word or this phrase on your skin forever. That applies to both spelling and grammar.
These trendy tattoos will end up being cringeworthy even before they've fully healed.
Indian Boy Shunned by People Due to Tumors Growing on His Face and Body
A 16-year-old Indian boy named Mithun Chauhan lives in despair, as a rare genetic disorder has caused tumors to take over his face and body.
A 16-year-old Indian boy named Mithun Chauhan lives in despair. His family has forbidden him from going outside their home in Nawada in the state of Bihar in India.
Mithun is forced to stay at home because he fears that his appearance scares a lot of people.
If not for his condition, he'd be a typical Indian boy.
This Boy Got Impaled On An 8-Inch Metal Spike While Climbing A Gate To See His Friend
Miraculously, the kid survived!
Parents, do warn your kids not to try any stunt like this – or they might end up regretting it. This recently happened in Thailand and the photos circulating online are absolutely disturbing.
11-year-old Tharathep Wanacharoenlap climbed over a gate to see his friend but unfortunately, he got impaled through the neck on one of the gate’s metal spikes!
According to reports, the schoolboy slipped at the top because the gate was wet from a recent rain.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village