Packing is filled with mishaps, that sadly, we only realize once it’s too late. Sometimes we forget to pack our essentials (like that high-SPF sunblock or those thick winter socks). Other times we end up with a mess of stuff that takes as long to unpack as it does to unpack. And for the frequent flyers out there, how many times have you packed up your toiletries, only for them to explode in your bag mid-flight?
To avoid those typical travel disasters, we’ve compiled a couple of travel tips that will definitely come in handy. So the next time you’re heading out for a vacation or even a business trip, keep these packing hacks in mind.
1. Stuff your hats with clothes so they don't get deformed in your luggage.
2. Roll delicate clothing between some tissue paper to give them some extra protection.
3. As for other clothes, just roll them up to save up on space.
4. Get your hands on some packing cubes to make it easier to find where you packed what.
5. Keep dryer sheets in your luggage to avoid that “old suitcase” smell on your clothes, and have some extra bags for dirty laundry and wet clothes.
“Because we make the most of our Florida habitat, many of our vacations involve beaches, which changes the way we pack for trips. Our recent spring break brought us to the Tampa Bay area for a few days of sightseeing and beach fun. Four things I always include in our suitcase now: Dryer sheets tucked in folded clothes to keep them smelling fresh, a pillowcase to keep dirty laundry contained, plastic bags to keep wet swimsuits separate and a foldable tote for beach days – because no one wants to roll a suitcase to the beach!” – @etst Follow @AlamoRentACar and share your family travel photos by tagging #AlamoDriveHappySweeps for a chance to win a $100 gift card + prizes through 3/30/16! See link in bio for sweepstakes terms or visit: bit.ly/1RdtVPD. #AlamoDriveHappy #MoreMemoriesPerGetaway
6. Wrap some cling wrap under the lid of any liquids to avoid any leaks.
7. Don't like using those free little hotel toiletries? Pack your own in a prescription bottle.
8. Pack small amounts of liquids (like eye cream, night cream, maybe some concealer) in a contact lens case.
9. Pack breakable bottles of perfume or foundation in thick socks.
10. Put cotton pads or balls on the inside of pressed powder makeup to keep them from breaking.
11. Secure your razors with binder clips to avoid cuts.
12. String necklaces through a straw to keep them from tangling.
13. Keep small jewelry like rings and earrings in a pill box.
14. Stash bobby pins in a TicTac case.
15. Keep emergency cash and some In Case of Emergency information in an empty Chapstick tube and keep it on you at all times!
Now you’re packed and ready to go!
This Trick Should Help You Save Time In Tying Your Tie
That was quick! Definitely saves you time.
Tying a tie can be a challenge especially when you’ve just started adulting or you need to go to a formal event. If you don’t know the tricks to putting on a tie properly, you would spend a lot of time dwelling on it.
However, there’s this simple trick that would help tie your tie in just five seconds. You won’t even need help from someone else and you don’t need special tools to help you tie it.
Hacks World shares this awesome video showing how you can cleverly put on a tie in a super quick way. It starts by looping the tie around your left hand completely three times. Pinch the fabric altogether and secure it using your right hand. The next thing is you pull the innermost loop out while pushing the rest through it....
Every Woman Should Learn This Effective Self-Defense Choke Hold
Take note, ladies!
It is an unfortunate fact that a huge number of women are becoming victims of violent crime. According to the statistics shared by the Feminist.com website, “over 22 million women in the United States have been raped in their lifetime” and about “18.3% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape.” The site further mentioned that “every 90 seconds, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted.”
What makes the situation even sadder is the fact that these numbers are merely for the United States. Just imagine how those figures could blow up if we consider what’s happening elsewhere in the world!
With this in mind, it is extremely obvious that learning self-defense should be a priority for females....
Your Ultimate Lunchbox Guide: 10 Tips in Choosing The Best Midday Meal Containers
Your kids will thank you. You’ll thank yourself, too.
For many people, lunch is an essential meal. Especially if you skip breakfast and rely on that midday pick-me-up to refuel your body and get you ready to face the afternoon. And more importantly, to save money on takeouts by packing your own lunch.
If you are looking to purchase a good lunch container for yourself or for your kids, this 10-step guide will be useful in ensuring the noon meal you prepare makes it through half a day without spoiling, leaking, wilting, or looking like something the cat dragged in from the garbage.
The ultimate lunch pack is comprised of the main food box, a water bottle or juice container, and the lunch container which holds the previous two items. Here is a checklist of the best qualities you need to look for in the optimal lunch kit:...