Packing is filled with mishaps, that sadly, we only realize once it’s too late. Sometimes we forget to pack our essentials (like that high-SPF sunblock or those thick winter socks). Other times we end up with a mess of stuff that takes as long to unpack as it does to unpack. And for the frequent flyers out there, how many times have you packed up your toiletries, only for them to explode in your bag mid-flight?
To avoid those typical travel disasters, we’ve compiled a couple of travel tips that will definitely come in handy. So the next time you’re heading out for a vacation or even a business trip, keep these packing hacks in mind.
1. Stuff your hats with clothes so they don't get deformed in your luggage.
2. Roll delicate clothing between some tissue paper to give them some extra protection.
3. As for other clothes, just roll them up to save up on space.
4. Get your hands on some packing cubes to make it easier to find where you packed what.
5. Keep dryer sheets in your luggage to avoid that “old suitcase” smell on your clothes, and have some extra bags for dirty laundry and wet clothes.
“Because we make the most of our Florida habitat, many of our vacations involve beaches, which changes the way we pack for trips. Our recent spring break brought us to the Tampa Bay area for a few days of sightseeing and beach fun. Four things I always include in our suitcase now: Dryer sheets tucked in folded clothes to keep them smelling fresh, a pillowcase to keep dirty laundry contained, plastic bags to keep wet swimsuits separate and a foldable tote for beach days – because no one wants to roll a suitcase to the beach!” – @etst Follow @AlamoRentACar and share your family travel photos by tagging #AlamoDriveHappySweeps for a chance to win a $100 gift card + prizes through 3/30/16! See link in bio for sweepstakes terms or visit: bit.ly/1RdtVPD. #AlamoDriveHappy #MoreMemoriesPerGetaway
6. Wrap some cling wrap under the lid of any liquids to avoid any leaks.
7. Don't like using those free little hotel toiletries? Pack your own in a prescription bottle.
8. Pack small amounts of liquids (like eye cream, night cream, maybe some concealer) in a contact lens case.
9. Pack breakable bottles of perfume or foundation in thick socks.
10. Put cotton pads or balls on the inside of pressed powder makeup to keep them from breaking.
11. Secure your razors with binder clips to avoid cuts.
12. String necklaces through a straw to keep them from tangling.
13. Keep small jewelry like rings and earrings in a pill box.
14. Stash bobby pins in a TicTac case.
15. Keep emergency cash and some In Case of Emergency information in an empty Chapstick tube and keep it on you at all times!
Now you’re packed and ready to go!
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
News10 months ago
Mexican Residents Tie Mayor To Tree After He Failed To Fulfill His Campaign Promise
Interesting10 months ago
Diver Coaxes Octopus To Trade His Plastic Cup For A Shell
OMG9 months ago
Bride Asks Husband If She Can Hug Her Ex-BF “One Final Time” During Wedding
Entertainment9 months ago
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Could “Unite The People” If He Runs As US President, Says The Undertaker