- The First Heavy Metal Church of Christ, as its name implies, uses heavy metal music to preach about Jesus Christ.
- The church, based in Dayton, Ohio, has attracted followers because of its unique approach to teaching Christianity.
- Everyone’s welcome and people are even invited to wear their rock t-shirts.
From it’s name alone, it’s easy to tell that it isn’t exactly the kind of church people go to on a typical Sunday. Yet, the Ohio-based church has a clear message for everyone – God rocks.
Founded by Senior Pastor Brian Smith in 2011, the First Heavy Metal Church of Christ (FHMCC) is a church that welcomes literally everyone, regardless of who they are or what they do in life. Anyone can walk in, whether that person’s a biker, a metalhead, an ex-convict, a drug addict, or a prostitute, among others. It definitely looks like a safe refuge “for all the people out there who would never step foot into a traditional church building,” as their official Facebook page says.
In the First Heavy Metal Church, you can always “Come As You Are.”
In a Dayton feature, Smith tells us that while “suits and ties are welcome,” they actually “encourage concert t-shirts.”
The pastor, who rocks a shaved head, a goatie and some tattoos, further went on, “It should never matter what you wear. It’s about Jesus.”
The unorthodox church claims it’s not a “Highway To Hell” but a “Stairway To Heaven.”
So yes, despite their rock and roll aesthetic, FHMCC relies heavily on the bible as they teach about Christ. And again, they’re inviting people from all walks of life to listen to their message, regardless if they’ve cleaned up their act or not.
“You don’t clean up before you jump in the shower, do you? No. God wants you exactly the way you are at this very moment,” Smith told his congregation once.
Watch this video:
For those interested, go head over to Facebook for more updates about FHMCC.
The Realistic ‘Human Head’ Helmet Looks Creepy And Cool At The Same Time
I would love to wear one!
- Dubai-artist Jyo John Mullor has come up with an interesting design concept for helmets.
- His shaved human head concept illustration has gone viral online as many netizens have found them funny yet freaky.
Pigeon Steals Poppies to Create Colorful Nest on War Memorial
The clever bird built the nest on the most symbolic location!
- The staff at the Australia War Memorial were confused when several flowers went missing from the Tomb of the Unknown Australian Soldier.
- Amazingly, it was revealed that a pigeon has been stealing the poppies to build her own nest.
- The colorful nest also happens to be right on top of a powerful war memorial.
10-Year-Old Doodler Gets Job Decorating Restaurants With his Awesome Drawings
This is why you should always support your child’s interests!
- A young boy who loves to spend most of his time doodling has landed an awesome job.
- Although he usually gets into trouble for drawing in class, his parents remained supportive of their artistic son.
- Doodle Boy has since been tasked with decorating the walls of a restaurant with his artworks.
Like Us On Facebook
Nurse Claims 90,000 People Are Already Infected By Coronavirus In China
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano