- The House of Mouse has confirmed that Grown-ish star Halle Bailey will play the love-struck mermaid in the live-action reboot.
- The role was initially being offered to ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ actress Zendaya.
- Not surprisingly, some people initially thought that Academy Award winner Halle Berry had been cast as Ariel.
Disney has just found its new Ariel! Young musician Halle Bailey has just been cast as the mermaid who falls in love with a prince and trades in her fins for legs in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid.
Halle Bailey is the 19-year-old singer who is one half of the musical duo Chloe x Halle. The announcement was made by Disney just a few weeks before the premiere of The Lion King and a month after Aladdin hit theaters. The Little Mermaid will be directed by Rob Marshall and the reboot is currently searching for its Ursula and Prince Eric.
The talented Halle Bailey is the new Ariel.
The official Chloe x Halle Instagram account celebrated the casting with an awesome illustration depicting Halle as Ariel. The caption, “Dream come true,” says it all.
Interestingly, Zendaya was originally up for the role of Ariel earlier this year. However, Disney ultimately chose to cast Halle Bailey instead. Nevertheless, it looks like the Spider-Man: Far From Home actress is happy for Halle.
Zendaya isn’t the only one who is happy for the young singer. Halle Berry, who shares the musician’s first name, also had a wonderful message for the girl.
Not surprisingly, people are loving the idea of the Grown-ish star being cast in The Little Mermaid.
Of course, there are also some skeptic fans who questioned the casting.
Either way, it looks like there’s a new Ariel and she’s ready to be a part of your world.
The Little Mermaid is expected to begin production in 2020.
Henry Cavill Reveals First Look At Geralt Of Rivia In New Netflix Series ‘The Witcher’
Are you ready for ‘The Witcher’ on Netflix?
- Henry Cavill has just unveiled the first promo images from his new Netflix series 'The Witcher'.
- The pictures show Cavill as Geralt of Rivia as well as Freya Allan as Ciri and Anya Chalotra as Yennefer.
- The highly anticipated series is expected to premiere on Netflix this fall.
Critics Are Saying Toy Story 4 is Racist For Having “No Black Lead Characters”
She also accused the movie of being “anti-feminist.”
- Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4 is being slammed by critics for allegedly lacking diversity.
- According to a writer, the movie is racist and anti-feminist.
- Fans are defending the film, reminding haters that it's a children's movie about talking toys.
‘White Chicks 2’ Officially In The Works, Terry Crews To Return
“Yo, hold my poodle! HOLD MY POODLE!”
Yo, hold my poodle! Terry Crews has just confirmed that White Chicks 2 is still happening and that Shawn and Marlon Wayans are set to reprise their roles in the highly anticipated sequel.
Like Us On Facebook
Man Gets Robbed Seconds After Withdrawing $200,000 Life Savings
Jason Momoa Restores His Wife’s First Car, A 1965 Mustang, As A Birthday Gift
Woman Infected With COVID-19 Breaks Quarantine Because She Needs to Get Her “Nails Done So Bad”
New Snapchat Filter Transforms Your Dogs Into Disney Characters
Scientists Are Warning Against Russia’s Covid-19 Vaccine
American Man Dies from Bubonic Plague, As China Puts Another Village in Lockdown
Florida Teacher Writes Own Obituary to Object School Reopening Amidst Covid-19 Pandemic
Novel Coronavirus Found on Frozen Seafood Packaging in China