“A picture,” as the old adage goes, “paints a thousand words.” Sometimes though, those words are really, really sad.
The pictures compiled below send exactly that message – not everything captured by cameras are beautiful and eye-pleasing. Beyond making you feel bad, these photos evoke feelings of urgency. After all, it shows us just how much we, human beings, have badly damaged our own world. It’s absolutely alarming to behold and yet it’s necessary to somehow awaken our senses. If we don’t move and do something about it, it’s a safe bet that things can only go downhill from here.
Hopefully we all do our part in helping nature heal before it’s too late. Scroll down and check out the following images to see what we mean:
1. Progress is never a bad thing but if cities are as congested as this, pollution naturally follows.
2. An elephant’s decomposing corpse is left lying on the ground after it was murdered by poachers.
3. This one shows goats running away from a fire in the rainforest.
4. Even the skies are not spared from traffic in London.
5. This truck is used for delivering oil sands for processing. Notice how polluted the background is.
6. This farmer tries very hard not to throw up as he endures the foul stench of the Yellow River’s.
7. Bangladesh’ waste incineration plant probably doesn’t smell any better either.
8. This fire storm in Colorado further proves that climate change is real.
9. Alberta, Canada has been badly scarred as a result of oil sand mining.
10. A sneak peak of what a busy Los Angeles downtown looks like. Just try to imagine the power consumption and carbon footprint!
11. A new dam had to be erected in Oregon. Sadly, all the forest trees had to be cut down.
12. Innumerable greenhouses in Almeria, Spain defeat the purpose of natural planting.
13. Two poachers hold a Siberian Tiger’s coat.
14. This one shows a huge diamond mine (the largest of its kind) found in Russia.
15. An albatross’ dead body becomes just another litter on the ground.
16. A bird’s eye view of New Delhi, India occupied by more than 22 million residents.
17. This tourist-favorite destination in Maldives is slowly sinking as the water levels continue to rise each year.
18. An electronic store opens for a Black Friday sale. If only tree-planting or coastal-cleaning activities were as well-attended.
19. Once useful for home and office use, these old computer monitors have literally become garbage.
20. This Canadian rain forest is losing it’s picturesque beauty.
21. A landfill in Nevada has become a dumping site for old vehicle tires.
22. A burning heat and power station in Japan. Authorities tried to extinguish the raging fire but were unsuccessful.
23. A polar bear dies of hunger in Svalvard, Norway.
24. This oilfield in California has been extremely exploited.
25. Climate change has been causing waterfalls out of ice.
26. Notice how this power plant’s emissions have darkened the sky above it.
27. Unfortunately, even surfing beaches are not spared from being a dumpster.
Let’s all continue sharing awareness about these serious problems by sharing this post on Facebook.
“Half-Human Half-Alien” With Massive Gun Collection, Found Dead in a Parked Vehicle
In a crime story that sounds more like from the vaults of X-Files than C.S.I., a man missing for several days was found dead with her fiancée insisting that he is actually a part-human, part-alien secret agent with a mission to save the world.
Last July 17, the decomposing corpse of Jeffrey Alan Lash, 60 years old, was found in a vehicle parked in Pacific Palisades.
His fiancée Catherine Nebron asked the help of Dawn VadBunker, her employee, so they can dispose the body. The two said they did not inform the police about the death of Lash because they knew the CIA would come to get his body. They were with him when he experienced breathing difficulties and died last July 4.
Millions of Dangerous, Fake Condoms From China Exported to Various Countries
Expired condoms are recycled, applied with cheap oil and re-packaged as new. Horrific!
We've featured lots of fake products available in the market today. Fake rice, chocolate drink and all other edible stuff that reckless people make just to make money. The most shocking fake stuff featured are those that are edible because these are the food we eat -- we put it inside our bodies for nutrition and health yet these may be the very reasons that can kill us.
It seems like people can fake everything because we found yet another consumer product that is being faked for we don't know how many years now -- condoms.
Fake condoms were made in a makeshift workshop in Shanghai.
10 Hilarious but Honest Pregnancy Sayings That Every Mother Could Relate To
A hilarious yet brutally honest take on pregnancy.
Prior to being pregnant, I seriously thought pregnancy was a bed of roses. I probably need to blame the media for depicting pregnant moms as calm, peace-loving, and close-to-perfect individuals who are having the time of their lives.
But after being pregnant twice, I have finally uncovered the truth about this phase of motherhood that no one wants to talk about. While it certainly prepares mothers for the best moment of their lives, pregnancy can also bring out the worst in you. Unpredictable hormonal changes, horrific stretch marks, unbearable body pain, and erratic mood swings are some of the not-so-fun things that come with having a bun in the oven.
A Facebook page called Mommie Poppins, owned by Meghna Shah, perfectly described the real struggles of pregnancy and being a new mom through a series of cute illustrations. Shah collaborated with the artists behind Handmade by Ridhika to come up with the hilarious but brutally honest memes.
OMG4 days ago
Nigerian Socialite Shows Up At Wedding With Six Women Each Said To Be Pregnant With His Child
Entertainment6 days ago
Weird And Creepy Soda Ad In The Philippines Leaves Netizens Confused
OMG5 days ago
Man Declared Dead Wakes Up In Morgue As They Were Draining His Blood
Culture4 days ago
Mysterious Monolith Found In Utah Desert Has Now Disappeared, Says Officials