Connect with us


Man Loses Seven Teeth After Vape Explodes in His Face





Vaping has become increasingly popular these days. Formerly a means of helping people quit smoking, an entire community has formed centered around vaping. From performing smoke tricks to selling all sorts of vape fluids and vape pens capable of dispensing customizable amounts of fluid, the vape hype is very real.

However, constantly putting an electronic device so close to your face can have hazards.

With the recent controversy around the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, it’s no surprise that people have become wary of electronics malfunctioning and causing bodily harm. And other than phones, possibly the next most common electronic device people put near their faces is a vape pen.

Andrew Hall of Pocatello, Idaho was just getting ready for work when, as he used his vape pen, the device exploded in his face without warning. The pen shattered in his mouth, knocking out seven teeth, and leaving severe burns and plastic debris on his face and neck.

Andrew was just about to leave for work when his vape pen suddenly exploded without warning.

Source: Andrew Hall
The explosion also shattered the side of his bathroom sink…

Source: Andrew Hall
And left burn marks on his bathroom wall.

Source: Andrew Hall

During an interview, he says,

“I’ve been [vaping] for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to. Battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice, but it exploded in my face.”

Hall is currently being treated for his injuries, and it’s not clear if he intends to press charges against the vape shop that sold him his device.

Source: Andrew Hall

Apparently, Hall’s accident with the vape pen isn’t the first of its kind. Last February of 2016, a Kentucky man was left with second degree burns on his leg after his vape pen exploded in his pocket. A man from Texas also sued the vape shop where he bought his device after suffering similar burns. A man from New York got his tongue split into to two when his vape pen exploded while he was smoking. And way back in 2015, a Colorado student broke his neck and several bones in his face while he was smoking his device.

Be careful where you buy your vape device!

Source: Andrew Hall

There have been an astounding 66 reported incidents of exploding vape pens between 2015 and 2016. So to anyone looking to start vaping, either ensure you get your device from a reputable shop or don’t vape at all!

View Comments