- Several churches in Singapore have indefinitely suspended their meetings due to fears of coronavirus.
- This is despite the assurance of the health ministry that “services may continue” if preventive measures are observed.
As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread in Singapore, several churches have announced they are cancelling services as a precautionary measure. As of this writing, there are already 138 confirmed cases in the city-state.
City Harvest Church, a pentecostal megachurch with 16,000 followers, recently made an announcement that services will be done via online instead of having large gatherings.
In a video posted on Facebook, Reverend Ho Yeow Sun said the church leadership came up with the decision as they contemplated about the “wisest and most responsible thing to do” amid the rising number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the city-state.
“This is a temporary measure,” she said, emphasizing that they will again hold regular services as soon as “the situation stabilizes.”
Meanwhile, an earlier report by StraitsTimes tells us that the Catholic Church, the Grace Assembly of God Church, and Life Church and Missions Singapore have likewise suspended services for an indefinite period of time after a total of 13 cases have been linked to them.
Despite this, the Ministry of Health maintains that “worship services may continue” as long as extreme caution is observed.
The New Creation Church, for example, still holds meetings every Sunday and makes sure they use thermal scanners and hand sanitizers in their building.
The megachurch’s pastor Joseph Prince assured his followers:
“Child of God, you need not fear. You and your family are safe in the care and protection of your Heavenly Father!”
In their official website, New Creation also said that the church “remains committed” to supporting the community “in practical ways, while we continue to pray for the situation.”
Watch the video report here:
Giant Tech Companies Are Imposing A Work-From-Home Agreement After Some Employees Get Infected With Coronavirus
Following the spread of coronavirus in the United States, Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft have allowed their employees to work from home.
- Giant technology businesses in Seattle and California, such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft, have decided to allow their employees to work from home.
- The decision has been made after some employees fell ill from the coronavirus.
- Meanwhile, other employees who couldn't bring their work home were advised to avoid close-proximity space with fellow workers and limit any personal meetings.
Coronavirus Has Mutated In Two Strains And The Other One is Aggressive And Stronger
Chinese scientists called them strain “L” and “S”.
- Researchers in Shanghai and Beijing have discovered at least two strains of the coronavirus.
- They named the two strains as “L” and “S”.
- Strain “S” is the common virus while the strain “L” is more “aggressive and contagious”.
- Experts said that 70% of the coronavirus patients caught the “L” strain.
10 Companies, Including Coke and Pepsi, Are Getting Sued For Lying About Recycling
These “plastic peddlers” have been lying to our faces for years by spreading the fake narrative that their products can be recycled.
- Earth Island Institute filed a case against the 10 “plastic peddlers”, including Coke, Pepsi, and Nestle, among others, for contributing 10-million tons of plastic wastes in the ocean.
- The organization said the companies have been misleading the public for years by labeling their products as "recyclable."
- In their defense, the 10 companies said they are currently fighting against pollution in their own ways.
Like Us On Facebook
Crazy Norway Landslide Sweeps Away 8 Houses Into The Sea
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
- Interesting6 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring6 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- Sci/Tech6 days ago
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks