- The agency is hoping to explore 16 Psyche, an asteroid made up of nickel and iron.
- The whole asteroid is valued at $10,000 quadrillion, an amount that could make every living person on Earth extremely wealthy.
- Mining asteroids like 16 Psyche could be the next “boom industry”.
There are several astounding things in outer space that are simply waiting to be explored. However, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is going to start with the one that could potentially make everyone on Earth extremely wealthy. NASA is planning to send a spacecraft to an asteroid filled with valuable metals that might make every person on the planet a billionaire.
NASA announced that they are hoping to send a spacecraft to 16 Psyche, which is described as “a unique metal asteroid orbiting the Sun between Mars and Jupiter.” The agency believes that Psyche might be the nickel-iron core of a former planet that eventually helped create our own solar system. If it is confirmed to be so, the asteroid could offer a glimpse at a completely different world made of metal.
16 Psyche is a truly unique asteroid.
The Psyche Mission will be led by Arizona State University while NASA’s own Jet Propulsion Laboratory will take responsibility for mission management, operations, and navigation. The mission is expected to launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida in 2022.
NASA’s mission might be all about discovering a completely new world filled with metal and learning a little bit about how our solar system was created. However, it was also revealed that the iron and nickel found in 16 Psyche is valued at $10,000 quadrillion. This means that mining the asteroid could possibly make every single person on Earth a billionaire.
The official mission badge of Psyche Mission.
Asteroid Mining Company founder Mitch Hunter-Scullion stated that mining asteroids like 16 Psyche could be the next “boom industry”.
“Once you set up the infrastructure then the possibilities are almost infinite,” Hunter-Scullion said. “There’s an astronomical amount of money to be made by those bold enough to rise to the challenge of the asteroid rush.”
It might be too soon to begin mining for asteroids but NASA’s plan to go to 16 Psyche could be the start of something amazing for the world of science as well as finance.
Learn more about Psyche Mission below:
Two Gigatonnes of Ice Melted in Greenland in Just One Day
Over 40% of the region experienced melting in the middle of June, which is highly unusual.
- Almost half of the region experienced melting in the middle of June, which is very unusual.
- Experts clarified though that the melting spike is unusual, but not unprecedented.
- They also warn about the significant ramifications that these extreme melt seasons could have around the globe.
Young Filipina Discovers ‘Aratiles’ Plant Can Be Used To Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
This could be a life-changing discovery!
- A Filipina student scientist discovered that Jamaican cherry, locally known as aratiles plant, can prevent type 2 Diabetes.
- Maria Isabel Layson competed at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair held in Phoenix, Arizona.
- She discovered that the aratiles fruit is a source of antioxidants.
Jupiter So Close To Earth This Month Its Largest Moons Will Be Visible With Binoculars
Get your binoculars ready and find out when it will peak!
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that its largest moons will be visible with binoculars.
- NASA shared the specific date for it to peak.