It’s been said time and again that recycling is important as it is one of the best ways to protect the environment. We’ve seen so many documentaries, movies, heard the impacts of climate change and what we can all do in our own little way to protect Mother Earth. We only have one planet anyway, so why not do our share to make sure that even the future generations still have something to look forward to.
All it takes to help save the planet is for each individual to do their share. It doesn’t have to be too big a gesture. We have to keep in mind that a sustainable planet is important for our children and their children to survive. Here are the 2 important ways that recycling tremendously helps the world.
25. Recycling one piece of aluminum can actually saves enough energy so you can listen to one full album on your ipod.
24. There are over 6 BILLION kilograms of trash that are dumped into the ocean every single day; most of which is plastic. So the next time you think of throwing that candy wrapper at the beach, just don't.
23. Motor oil that isn't disposed of properly can already contaminate 2 million gallons of fresh water. That's a lot of drinking water for hundreds of years to waste.
22. Recycling aluminum saves 95% the cost of having to produce new aluminum.
21. Recycled aluminum cans find their way back to store shelves in just a little after 60 days.
20. The Doggone Project in Germany recycles dead pets into fertilizer.
19. To heat water, the CIA burns classified documents.
18. One ton of recycled paper can save: 683 gallons of oil, 7,000 gallons of water, and 4 cubic meters of space in a landfill
17. When toilet paper is recycled, nearly 27,00 trees are saved.
16. 95% of data is still stored on paper. Thanks to digital or cloud storage, the number is decreasing and less paper is wasted.
15. A recycled plastic bottle can conserve energy to power a watt lightbulb for over six hours
14. Each hour, Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles. Each bottle takes about years or more to decompose.
13. One third of garbage dump consists of packaging material which could have been recycled and reused.
12. Thousands of marine life die from ingesting plastic that is thrown into the ocean.
11. In one year, Americans would have thrown enough plastic cans and bottles anywhere that totals to reaching the moon and back 20 times.
10. 1 ton of plastic that’s recycled can save over 7,500 gallons liters of gas. That’s a lot of gas to supply thousands of cars.
9. One recycled aluminum can power the TV for 2 hours.
8. One ton of recycled paper means 17 trees that have been saved.
7. In Finland, all the glass bottles are recycled.
6. Fat from liposuction can be used for fuel.
5. If the US raised its recycling rate to 75%, it would equal the removal of 50 million cars off of the streets.
4. 85% of clothing anywhere around the world can be recycled.
3. Aluminum can be recycled infinitely. It's actually the most recycled packaging product in the entire planet.
2. A glass bottle that isn't recycled may decompose only after 4,000 years.
1. New York City residents need to recycle old electronics or face a fine of $100.
What would you do to help save Mother Earth?
25 Things You Were Probably Cleaning Wrong
Cleaning hack: Always keep a bottle of vinegar in the kitchen. It’s handy for cleaning almost anything at home.
Are you OC with your cleaning? What if we told you that you just might probably be cleaning some of your household items wrong because you were so used to seeing your parents do it that way while you were growing up. You'd be surprised to know that there are easier ways to clean certain things from the ones you were accustomed to.
Part of the cleaning process is the efficiency that goes with it. It would be a waste of time if you put all your efforts trying to get a kitchenware cleaned while the rest of the house is a mess. Hopefully, after going through this list, cleaning will be your all-time favorite household chore to do. Or not. Happy cleaning, everyone!
41 Seriously Genius Camping Hacks You Can Use This Summer
Your camping trip will never be the same again.
Camping is a fun way to take a breather from the city and relax. However, we have to admit that camping is not meant to be easy. The convenience of home is nowhere to be found and no matter how much we try to make it perfect, there always seems to be a problem.
The key is to know some clever camping hacks to make life easy in the woods. We compiled some for you and we hope this will help you have an enriching and hassle-free trip this summer. Enjoy!
#1. Use acorn cap to call for help when lost in the woods.
‘Hobbit House’ In North Carolina Is The Closest Thing To A Fairytale Home
What’s inside is just breathtakingly awesome!
If you’re a fan of all things fairytale land-related, living in a castle in the middle of a forest would be a dream come true.
You may think that something like that only happens in stories you’ve read as a child.
But somewhere in Asheville, North Carolina, you can actually live in a castle surrounded by lush forests and beautiful scenery. When you see the house, you'll think that it's been taken out of a story book and into the real world.
Like Us On Facebook
Lockdown Turns Sea In UK Into A Tropical Paradise
Most Riots, Fires, And Looting Are NOT Caused by George Floyd Protesters, Says Authorities
13-Year-Old Boy Graduates With 4 Associate Degrees
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks
- News4 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- News6 days ago
Men Are More Effective Grocery Shoppers Than Women In Times During COVID-19, Japanese Official Says
- OMG5 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence
- OMG6 days ago
Aggressive Cannibal Rats Are On The Loose In The US Amidst Pandemic, CDC Warns