- A Florida teacher wrote a mock necrology for herself in an attempt to protest the reopening of schools amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
- She posted the obituary on Facebook to call out Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and other officials about their decision.
- Teachers have expressed fear of going back to in-person instructions, stating “there will be severe consequences.”
Whitney Leigh Reddick, a teacher from Jacksonville, Florida wrote a mock obituary on Facebook to oppose school reopening this August. Reddick’ s “hypothetical death” was supposedly due to the coronavirus.
The 33-year old educator wanted to point out that it is too soon to even consider in-person instructions. Evidently, teachers fear for their safety and of their students as the number of Covid-19 cases continue to rise.
“With profound sadness, I announce the passing of Whitney Leigh Reddick. A loving and devoted teacher, mother, daughter, wife, aunt, and friend to all whose lives she touched, on August 7th, 2020,” she wrote.
“She left us while alone in isolation and on a ventilator at a Duval county hospital in Jacksonville, Florida,” she continued in her post.
The Florida teacher talked about her family, husband, and son stating:
“Talon turned 14 months the month his mother passed. Being so young his memories of her will fade and he will only have those that were captured in film. He will have a hole only a few children bear”
According to NBC News, Reddick wrote the necrology after reading stories about other teachers who contracted the coronavirus. Sadly, one of them passed away.
Reddick, a special education teacher and mother, told Today that teachers are people that have families and loved ones, too. She likewise struggles with the notion of returning to school amidst the pandemic.
Florida’s education commissioner required schools to open at least five days a week in the fall.
However, the Florida Education Association blocked the executive order, emphasizing that it “violates constitutional mandates to keep public schools safe and secure.”
Despite Reddick’s reservations about in-person instructions, she vows to do her best to provide her students with the safest environment possible.
“She returned to work, did her best to handle all the roles placed on her shoulders; educator, COVID-security guard, human shield, firefighter, social worker, nurse, and caregiver but the workload weakened her, and the virus took hold. Whitney was taken from us. Yes, of course too soon, but we are the ones left with holes in our hearts, missing how big hers was.”
Reddick ended her necrology by calling out the officials whose decisions led to her “alleged death.”
“Please send your condolences to Governor Ron DeSantis, Mayor Lenny Curry, and finally the Duval County School Board and Superintendent.”
Several teachers from other states also wrote their obituaries and sent them to their governors.
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
The precise moment the shockwave stirred the bride’s skirts and threw her off balance.
- The 29-year-old Lebanese bride was all smiles as she posed in her wedding dress at Saifi Square.
- The shockwave from the explosion stirred up the bride's wedding dress and knocked down the photographer's camera.
- The bride and groom tried to compose themselves afterwards and continued with the wedding.
Second Grader Gets Infected With COVID-19 After Attending First Day of Class in Georgia
Now the teacher and 20 other students had to be quarantined.
- A second grade student in Sixes Elementary has contracted coronavirus after attending the first day of class.
- Now their classroom had to be closed for disinfection while the teacher and 20 other students had to be quarantined.
A Troubled Ship And Gov’t Negligence Blamed To Have Caused The Monster Explosion in Beirut
The tragic explosion could have been prevented years ago.
- More information is starting to surface, following the destructive explosion that rocked Beirut, Lebanon.
- As the reports tell us, the ammonium nitrate stored in the Beirut warehouse was seized years ago from a Russian-owned ship called Rhosus.
- Officials repeatedly ignored the request to transfer the dangerous chemicals which later led to the tragic incident.
The Scenic Fishing Village of Nazaré, Portugal
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
Sci/Tech4 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos7 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Travel4 days ago
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Videos3 days ago
Huge Iceberg Flips Over On Arctic Explorers Who Tried To Climb It