Connect with us

News

21-year old Student Died After Ingesting Diet Pills That ‘Burned Her Up from the Inside’.

Ann Moises

Posted

(

)

A A A

Surgical procedures, shakes, diet plans, and pills for weight loss have become more rampant these days. Whether for aesthetic or health reasons, these methods claim to have been formulated to help us achieve the perfect body that we desire. However, some people would do just anything to lose weight fast…no matter what the cost.

A 21-year old student from Glyndwr University in Britain named Eloise Aimee Parry died after ingesting Dinitrophenol (DNP) last April 12, 2015.

Eloise's metabolism skyrocketed hours shortly after taking the pill.

eloise

Photo credit: Cablenoticias.tv

She was still able to drive herself to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital in Britain's Shropshire, but even her mother, Fiona Parry knew that the doctors "never had a chance" of saving her.

The doctors said that Eloise was literally burning up from the inside.

aimee

Photo credit: Elite daily

According to the toxicology report, Eloise had an overdose of DNP- she ingested eight pills that day when two is already fatal to humans. DNP is a toxic substance used by the French to create explosives during WWI, but now, the pill is legally sold as a pesticide. Until recently, the drug became more popular as a weight loss supplement, claiming to help reduce a person’s weight by 15 lbs. in just one week. Eloise was able to purchase the pill for $200 dollars online.

Britain’s Food Standards Agency said that DNP is “extremely dangerous to human health” and is “not fit for human consumption”. Approximately 60 people have already died  because of this pill.

Eventually, the poor student had a cardiac arrest and died.

parry

Photo credit: Scoopnest

According to Eloise's mother, Fiona, “She never intended to take her own life. She just never really understood how dangerous the tablets she took were.” The grieving mom also added, ” Most of us don’t believe that a slimming tablet could actually kill us. DNP is not a miracle slimming pill. It’s a deadly toxin.”

What do you think of this story? Share your thoughts by writing in the comment section.

H/T: News.com.au, Elite Daily

View Comments

Follow On Facebook




Popular