- Thousands of college students flocked to Miami beaches over the spring break.
- This is despite the warnings of health authorities and government officials about the dangers of large gatherings, amidst the spread of coronavirus.
- A male student said he’s not going to let the disease stop him from “partying.”
Amid the growing number of confirmed coronavirus cases across the world, it looks like many still do not seem to understand the important role of social distancing in flattening the curve.
Case in point, thousands of college students have taken it upon themselves to gather in Miami beaches just so they can relax and unwind during the spring break. Bars and restaurants in the area have likewise been full of customers, according to reports.
Ready to party – despite the threats of coronavirus!
Both the health authorities and government officials have repeatedly warned against mass gatherings but some people are just so hard-headed. In fact, some of them admitted that they know about the virus but do not care much about getting infected.
In a media interview, for example, a male college student even said:
“If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day I’m not going to let it stop me from partying.”
You can watch the rest of the video here:
Miami Beach authorities have already announced that a gathering of more than 10 people in the area is prohibited. Shops have also been told to cease operations.
Meanwhile, both mayors of Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale have earned that those who will violate the orders will face fines, if not arrests.
“Closing our public beaches was without precedent, but necessary,” said Mayor Dean Trantalis of Fort Lauderdale.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has often emphasized about the importance of social distancing in preventing the spread of coronavirus. Since the virus is contracted via droplets, experts remind people to keep a distance of about 1 meter (3 feet) with others when in public. Many countries and major cities across the world have implemented community quarantine and lockdown to prevent gatherings of large crowds.
Watch this video to learn more about coronavirus:
Male Tested Positive of COVID-19 May Damage Their “TESTICLES”, Chinese Doctors Warn
“It is best to undergo fertility tests upon recovery,” the doctors said.
- Chinese doctors in Centre for Reproductive Medicine claimed that male patients of coronavirus may suffer infertility after they recover from the disease.
- The claim was likened to the cause of male SARS-COV patients who recovered, explaining that COVID-19 may also damage the testicles.
- The Chinese doctors has reminded about the importance of immediately undergoing a fertility test after male patients have recovered.
Thousands of People Attended Miami Gay Festival, Someone Eventually Tested Positive of COVID-19
There was no “social distancing” during the event.
- The 2020 Winter Party Festival drew an estimated number of 10,000 participants.
- The annual event ran from March 4 to 10.
- Unfortunately, organizers were eventually informed that one of the attendees has tested positive of coronavirus.
UK Goes Ahead with Huge Concerts Despite the Pandemic, Shocks Chinese Netizens
“Don’t ask for China’s help when things start to get bad. You got yourself into this mess,” someone commented.
- Welsh band Stereophonics went ahead with their three concerts, drawing thousands of people.
- The band defended their decision, saying that "at this phase there was no need for a ban on large public gatherings."
Like Us On Facebook
Japanese Designer Sells Pearl Face Masks for $9,350
Researchers Confirm Infectious Coronavirus in Hospital Air
Man Gets Robbed Seconds After Withdrawing $200,000 Life Savings
Jason Momoa Restores His Wife’s First Car, A 1965 Mustang, As A Birthday Gift