Connect with us

OMG

14-Year-Old Boy Nearly Dies Playing ‘Duct Tape’ Challenge

He probably thought it was just a harmless game until he almost died because of it.

Neknominations, fire challenge, the Kylie Jenner lip challenge, salt and ice challenge, cinnamon challenge, hot water challenge, hot pepper challenge, the choking game

These are some of the most preposterous, extremely dangerous, yet highly popular fatuous games that have made rounds on social media.

Another internet craze that has recently gone viral is the “duct tape” challenge. A report says that this fad actually started in 2014, although it became more popular in 2015.

Using the adhesive, competitors are bound either to a chair or a wall. They are then timed to see how quickly they can break free from it. Whoever escapes first…well…earns bragging rights at least!

Duct-tape-challenge-3

The game appears less perilous compared to the other social media challenges.

Well, I guess that’s what some of us thought.

The “duct tape” challenge.

Skylar Fish, 14, from Renton, Washington, took part in this latest trend.

Skylar Fish took part in the challenge.

His friends tightly wrapped his arms and legs. And while he was trying break loose, something unexpected occurred. The teen lost his balance and hit his head on a concrete and metal window frame. According to Detroit News Time, the young boy’s face smashed against a concrete wall; thus, crushing his eye socket and causing brain aneurysm.

Source: wetpaint

Skylar’s friends called for help. He was immediately rushed to Harborview Medical Center where he underwent immediate surgery. The teen got 48 staples from ear to ear to close the wound.

Source: aol

Sarah, his mom said, “It crushed his whole eye socket and pinched off nerves in his eye. [Teens are] just looking at what’s fun, what’s cool, what’s going to impress their friends. I can break out of this duct tape. I’m the strongest. I’m the best…They’re not thinking, ‘What if I fall and hit my head?

“I want people to stop and think that there are so many risks to any of these challenges. They’re dangerous.”

Meanwhile, social media users started to turn against this new craze since the photos of the teen’s injuries circulated on the internet.

https://twitter.com/DomDom_B/status/692343537350905858

https://twitter.com/Ruth_C/status/692109213766684674

Skylar was transferred to a pediatric hospital on Monday and is set to be sent home Friday. Doctors are unsure if the vision in his left eye will be restored. However, his mom is just thankful that he’s alive.

“Every time I look at him, I smile,” Sarah Fish said. “Every time I talk about him being alive, I smile — I smile because my son’s alive.”

“(Skylar has) learned his lesson. Kids are just going to be kids, but we just want to bring awareness,” she added.

H/T: Mirror, Fox News, UNILAD, NBC Philidelphia

OMG

Surprisingly, These Shocking Viral Photos Are Actually Fake

Have you been fooled by any of these viral images?

If you are a frequent user of social media, you’ll see different photos going viral from time to time.

While some of those photos may be shocking, the truth of the matter is that not everything you see online is true. There are many images out there that are simply products of digital manipulation created by people who just have too much time on their hands.

Case in point, these 8 viral photos you’ll see below are nothing but fakes. If you’ve seen them before and thought they were real, then you’ve just been fooled by Photoshoppers. ...

Continue Reading

OMG

Dumb Thieves Mistakenly Sucked A Sewage Instead of Fuel Tank

Holy crap!

This will surely make you do an epic face palm. Or at least make you puke. A bunch of stupid thieves had bad karma when they were trying to steal from a bus. They thought they were sucking fuel from a bus’ petrol tank but unfortunately, it was entirely something else.

This recently happened in Laverton, Western Australia and the culprits pried off the cap believing they can siphon fuel out of the parked bus and make money. Instead, they got some really crappy result.

Stupid thieves thought they were sucking fuel out of a bus. It was something else.

thieves siphon 1...

Continue Reading

OMG

In Japan, There’s Such a Thing as a Noodle Bath

Feel the broth on your skin!

If you love baths and you've tried everything, from scented aromatherapy baths to lavish milk baths, why not try bathing in noodles and pork broth? Yep, you read that right. Noodles and pork broth!

At the Yunessun Spa House in Hakone, Japan, there exists such a service in which customers can take a dip in a tub filled with hot broth and noodles. The spa actually used real noodles at first, but when the local health department banned edible noodles due to obvious concerns, the spa resorted to using synthethic noodles instead. The pork broth, as far as we know, is real.

Feel the broth on your skin...

Feel the broth on your skin......

Continue Reading