Cats have a ton of strange habits that make no sense to humans. They run around chasing invisible mice in the middle of the night. They demand belly rubs and then attack your hands when you give in. One minute they pretend you don’t exist and the next, they’re all over your laptop. Cat habits often drive their humans crazy but in a sick, twisted way, that’s the reason cat lovers can’t get enough of them!
So for all of you who are completely puzzled by your cat’s behavior, don’t worry. You’re not alone. In fact, being confused about what your cat wants (or doesn’t want) is such a common issue that we’ve decided to shed some light on some of their weird habits.
1. When cats blink slowly at you, they’re not being divas. It’s a sign that they trust you enough to close their eyes around you.
2. A cat’s purr can mean three things: It signals to their mother (or carer that they’re okay); it shows friendliness and happiness; or it can be them trying to calm themselves when they’re scared or in pain.
3. A cat’s purr can reach a frequency of 26 Hertz. This frequency can help them heal themselves.
4. Meowing is a cat’s means of communication with humans. Cats barely meow at one another, as their way of communication can’t be heard by human ears.
5. When a cat rubs against your leg it’s like giving someone a hug. Cats also do this to each other when they run into a familiar cat they haven’t seen in a long time.
6. Cats instantly jump into boxes because they see it as a safe place to hide, and as a place where they can hide before lunging at prey. Boxes also tend to be warm and cats love that!
7. When a cat grooms you, it’s like saying you’re part of his/her family.
8. Cats swallow their food without chewing because they only have few molars for chewing. Their teeth are primarily made for biting and tearing off meat.
9. Cats don’t understand the concept of punishment. They don’t relate what they did with the punishment you give them. Instead, they are better at repeating behaviors that are rewarded.
10. Cats can see in the dark. They need only 1/6th of the light humans need to see. That’s why they can hunt so well at night!
What other cat facts do you know? Share them with us below!
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture