Cats have a ton of strange habits that make no sense to humans. They run around chasing invisible mice in the middle of the night. They demand belly rubs and then attack your hands when you give in. One minute they pretend you don’t exist and the next, they’re all over your laptop. Cat habits often drive their humans crazy but in a sick, twisted way, that’s the reason cat lovers can’t get enough of them!
So for all of you who are completely puzzled by your cat’s behavior, don’t worry. You’re not alone. In fact, being confused about what your cat wants (or doesn’t want) is such a common issue that we’ve decided to shed some light on some of their weird habits.
1. When cats blink slowly at you, they’re not being divas. It’s a sign that they trust you enough to close their eyes around you.
2. A cat’s purr can mean three things: It signals to their mother (or carer that they’re okay); it shows friendliness and happiness; or it can be them trying to calm themselves when they’re scared or in pain.
3. A cat’s purr can reach a frequency of 26 Hertz. This frequency can help them heal themselves.
4. Meowing is a cat’s means of communication with humans. Cats barely meow at one another, as their way of communication can’t be heard by human ears.
5. When a cat rubs against your leg it’s like giving someone a hug. Cats also do this to each other when they run into a familiar cat they haven’t seen in a long time.
6. Cats instantly jump into boxes because they see it as a safe place to hide, and as a place where they can hide before lunging at prey. Boxes also tend to be warm and cats love that!
7. When a cat grooms you, it’s like saying you’re part of his/her family.
8. Cats swallow their food without chewing because they only have few molars for chewing. Their teeth are primarily made for biting and tearing off meat.
9. Cats don’t understand the concept of punishment. They don’t relate what they did with the punishment you give them. Instead, they are better at repeating behaviors that are rewarded.
10. Cats can see in the dark. They need only 1/6th of the light humans need to see. That’s why they can hunt so well at night!
What other cat facts do you know? Share them with us below!
6 Creatures That You Don’t Realize Are Secretly Immortal
These animals could outlive us all.
Humans have been wanting to know the secret to a youthful look that, in their futile attempt to find it, they result to commercial and artificial methods to make their face and skin resistant to aging. Some animals, however, have been born with the gift of immortality and they may even outlive us all.
Actually, there are even those who grow powerful as they age. Read on and learn!
Lobsters grow more powerful and hornier with age
Woman Buys $30 Egg on eBay. Weeks Later, It Hatches Into An Exotic Bird!
Their feathered pet is set to grow as much as 6 feet!
Everything can really be bought online these days – even exotic birds! Charlotte Harrison found an emu egg on eBay and, out of curiosity, purchased it for $30 even if she wasn’t sure if it would hatch later on.
Much to her surprise, the egg did hatch after 47 days and so they welcomed baby Kevin in their family.
How did this even happen? Well according to Charlotte, she used a home incubating system and then after more than a month, the egg finally hatched.
These Colorful Snakes Are Among The Most Beautiful Creatures On The Planet
Whether you shudder at snakes or you like them, their beauty cannot be denied.
Most people shudder at the sight of snakes. Admit it, these creepy slithery creatures can terrify even the most courageous person on the planet. While snakes are mostly regarded as pests, they are actually helpful predators that keep our natural ecosystem working. Some people even admires the beauty of these reptiles that they prefer to keep them as pets.
There are more than 3,000 known species of snakes in the world. They practically live almost everywhere, in deserts, forests, oceans, and lakes. On every continent, there is at least one type of snake. Except in the north of the Arctic Circle and Antarctica where the ground stays frozen all year making it impossible for them to survive in such places.
Snakes are naturally shy, non-confrontational creatures who would always rather choose escape if given the choice. However, like any wild animals, they will only attack if they are startled or threatened. Left undisturbed, they will rarely attack humans - in fact, humans attack more snakes than the other way around!
Like Us On Facebook
239 Experts Claim The Coronavirus is Airborne, Urges WHO to Admit It
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
Rapper Kanye West Announces He’s Running As U.S. President This 2020
Manila-Based Architects Design Floating Homes That Can Withstand Storms and Floods
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Shelter Dog Who Always Gets Rejected Shows He Can Make His Own Bed
- Interesting6 days ago
5 Countries with the Longest Lunch Breaks in the World
- News6 days ago
New Flu Virus Found In China Has Pandemic Potential, Says Scientists
- Interesting7 days ago
Amazing Dog Helps School Children Cross The Street Each Day