- According to scientists, stem cell is the answer to cure baldness once and for all.
- The experiment was successful on mice and now they want to test it on human subjects.
- The newer method even allows scientists to control the amount and direction of hair growth.
The cure for baldness is one of the most sought after treatments. From shampoos to herbs to hair weaves, the search for an eternal full head of hair has become the Holy Grail for men. Now scientists claim that they have discovered the true cure for baldness, once and for all, thanks to stem cell research.
Scientists from the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute used human pluripotent stem cells to create hair follicles that grow through the skin. To be clear, they used mice as their test subjects and have yet to test it on humans.
But that’s a huge step in that direction, right?
So what the scientists did was take human skin cells and put them on mice. They used special “scaffolds” to direct the hair growth.
They discovered that hair grew through those scaffolds when they placed them beneath the skin of the mice.
The mice trial was a success, so now they want to jump to testing it on humans. They want to use the cells from the human subject’s own body. This would allow them to monitor if the procedure will be accepted by the human immune system.
Dr. Alexey Terskikh, one of the professors involved in the research, said that the protocol they made will get through the key techological challenges that prevent their experiment for use in the real world.
“Now we have a robust, highly controlled method for generating natural-looking hair that grows through the skin using an unlimited source of human iPSC-derived dermal papilla cells. This is a critical breakthrough in the development of cell-based hair-loss therapies and the regenerative medicine field,” he said.
The procedure has been growing for sometime already. In 2015, Terskikh was able to make hair grow under the mice skin, but he and his team were not able to control it. With this newer technique, they can now control the amount and direction of the hair to be grown.
Dr Richard Chaffoo, medical adviser to Stemson Technologies, said that hair loss has a huge effect on people’s lives and that a significant part of his practice seeks to discover a solution for both men and women.
“I am eager to advance this groundbreaking technology, which could improve the lives of millions of people who struggle with hair loss,” he said.
Two Gigatonnes of Ice Melted in Greenland in Just One Day
Over 40% of the region experienced melting in the middle of June, which is highly unusual.
- Almost half of the region experienced melting in the middle of June, which is very unusual.
- Experts clarified though that the melting spike is unusual, but not unprecedented.
- They also warn about the significant ramifications that these extreme melt seasons could have around the globe.
Young Filipina Discovers ‘Aratiles’ Plant Can Be Used To Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
This could be a life-changing discovery!
- A Filipina student scientist discovered that Jamaican cherry, locally known as aratiles plant, can prevent type 2 Diabetes.
- Maria Isabel Layson competed at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair held in Phoenix, Arizona.
- She discovered that the aratiles fruit is a source of antioxidants.
Jupiter So Close To Earth This Month Its Largest Moons Will Be Visible With Binoculars
Get your binoculars ready and find out when it will peak!
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that its largest moons will be visible with binoculars.
- NASA shared the specific date for it to peak.
Like Us On Facebook
Lebanese Offer Free Shelters in the Wake of Beirut Blast
Sweet Boyfriend Sits Outside Girlfriend’s Room Everyday After She Tests Positive of COVID-19
Thai Ladyboys Turn Heads in Recent Military Draft
Bridezilla Asks Guests and Family to Submit 250-Word Essays to Be on Guestlist
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World
Online Shoppers Got Duped Into Buying Miniature Versions of Full-Size Products
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
Artist Creates Alien-Inspired Facehugger Face Mask
- News4 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News4 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Interesting6 days ago
Japan Rollercoaster Rules Require Riders to Scream Silently to Avoid Spreading the Virus