- A concerned citizen brought a rare golden possum to the Boronia Veterinary Clinic in Melbourne, Australia.
- The cute animal’s photos eventually gained viral attention on social media, with many netizens comparing it to Pikachu of popular anime series Pokemon.
- The rescued animal was about 5 months old, according to Dr. Stephen Reinsich.
An Australian veterinary clinic has rescued a rare golden possum and she looks absolutely adorable. Unsurprisingly, the animal captured netizens’ hearts once its photos went viral online, with many commenters saying it looks like popular anime character Pikachu.
In a Bored Panda report, a rescuer brought the possum to Melbourne’s Boronia Veterinary Clinic and Hospital. It turns out the marsupial was only about 5 months old.
She does look like a real-life Pokemon!
When contacted by the website, Dr. Stephen Reinisch shared that the photos are actually from 2 years ago. But yes, the images have since resurfaced online after netizens started sharing them again on social media.
The doctor reflected:
“She was brought in by a member of the public who found her on the ground. We suspect she had fallen off her mother’s back.”
According to Dr Reinisch, the possum – a variety of the common brushtail possum – was initially “shy” but was fortunately in good health.
The possum’s pictures will “live forever online,” said Dr Reinisch.
About its unique color, he said that this type of possum is very rare and it’s bright color is often at its disadvantage in the wild since they couldn’t camouflage well and are therefore “an easier target for predators.”
Common brushtail possum comes in four different color variations namely black, brown, and silver-grey. They have big, pointy ears and bushy tails. They are often found in Australia and New Zealand.
Here’s one spotted by a tourist at the Caversham Wildlife Park in Australia:
Filipino Guy Creates Prosthetic Face Mask That Looks Creepy And Cool
Would you wear this?
- Rene Aberlado of Laguna, Philippines is creating some creepy prosthetic face masks.
- His work went viral online after his daughter posted about it on Facebook.
- The masks are sold for only US$6 each.
Scientists Discover First Antarctic Frog From 200 Million Years Ago
“It tells us that whole ecosystems can be wiped out by global climate change, and that it might go fast.”
- A group of scientists headed by Dr. Thomas Mörs recently made an astounding discovery when they found a fossilized frog.
- The discovery proves that "helmeted frogs" lived in all continents, even Antarctica.
- The frog was found at the site of another marsupial discovery, which says Antarctica may have been warmer.
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
It looks like a message from the heavens.
- Analiza Sampinit used just her phone to snap the photos and then uploaded them on Facebook.
- She clarified that the photos were not edited in anyway.
- Some people pointed out that this is just a case of pareidolia, which is the tendency of people to see messages, patterns, and shapes in inanimate objects
Like Us On Facebook
New Snapchat Filter Transforms Your Dogs Into Disney Characters
Nurse Evicted from Boarding House After Telling Landlady She Has Covid-19
90-Year-Old Grandfather Came Out as Gay During the Pandemic
Devoted Husband Succumbs to Coronavirus After Visiting Wife on Deathbed
- News6 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art5 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie
- History5 days ago
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World