- Henry Cavill has just unveiled the first promo images from his new Netflix series ‘The Witcher’.
- The pictures show Cavill as Geralt of Rivia as well as Freya Allan as Ciri and Anya Chalotra as Yennefer.
- The highly anticipated series is expected to premiere on Netflix this fall.
His future as the current Superman might be uncertain but there is little doubt that Henry Cavill is already set to take on a new iconic role. The Justice League star has just released the first images of himself as Geralt of Rivia in the highly anticipated series The Witcher. In addition to that, fans of the novels and games can finally get their first glimpse at Freya Allans as Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon and Anya Chalotra as Yennefer of Vengerberg.
Henry Cavill shared the images on his Instagram account starting with the official poster for the Netflix series. It shows Geralt with his back turned to put the focus on his sword.
In the books and games, Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher, a person who hunts monsters that plague the Continent. His fate ultimately leads him to Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon, or simply Ciri, a young princess who possesses a dark power.
Geralt and Ciri’s story is not complete without Yennefer of Vengerberg, a sorceress who is tied to the Witcher.
The Witcher series is based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, which has been turned into a successful game series. The show was created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich and is expected to air on Netflix later this year.
The premise of The Witcher reads as follows:
“Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.”
The Witcher is expected to premiere on Netflix by November 2019.
Avengers Fan Watches “Endgame” More Than 116 Times To Break World Record
He says he’ “can’t get sick” of the movie that’s why he keeps on watching it.
- Avengers: Endgame fan Agustin Alanis has seen the movie repeatedly.
- So far, he has watched it 116 times - and counting.
- He's aiming to see the film at least 200 times - and to make it to the Guinness World Records.
‘Gladiator 2’ Confirmed To Take Place 25 Years After Original Film
Are you ready to go back to the arena with Maximus?
- The beloved 2000 movie is getting a sequel set two decades after the death of Maximus Decimus Meridius.
- Ridley Scott will return to direct the movie which could follow the story of Lucius, the nephew of the tyrannical emperor Commodus.
- Russell Crowe might reprise his role as the Spaniard.
8 Celebrities Who Were Pressured To Lose Weight, But Didn’t Listen And Still Achieved Success
One of them said that calling somebody fat on TV should be illegal.
It is common knowledge that Hollywood is a very looks-orientated place. With that said, if a person wishes to succeed in Tinseltown, they will have to keep up with a certain physical standard.