- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has declared a nationwide lockdown in an attempt to further prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- The total number of infected individuals in the country has now exceeded 12,000.
The government of Italy has implemented extreme measures to curb the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Just last Monday, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has declared that the entire country is officially under quarantine.
Previously, Italy implemented a “red zone” lockdown for Lombardy and other northern provinces, placing 16 million people in quarantine. Now the authorities have taken things into the next level by expanding the restriction to all areas.
According to Conte, this means residents are reminded to stay home. Only those reporting for work or heading for emergencies are permitted to go outdoors. Most public gatherings are also not allowed.
“No more nightlife,” declared the Prime Minister. “We can’t allow this anymore since they are occasions for contagion.”
Meanwhile, Foreign Affairs Minister Luigi Di Maio said that the “same precautionary measures” applied to Lombardy will now be adapted “in each region” of the country.
In Wednesday, China sent a special team of doctors to Italy. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said the medical professionals are “ready to share their experience” to help Italy deal with the crisis. The team also brought with them some much-needed medical equipment such as pulmonary ventilators, face masks, and hazmat suits, reported VICE.
As of this writing, Italy already has 12,462 confirmed cases of coronavirus. 827 individuals have succumbed to the disease.
The World Health Organization, on the other hand, has declared he coronavirus outbreak as a global pandemic as it has already reached all continents in the world, except Antarctica.
As Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus admitted:
“We have never before seen a pandemic sparked by a coronavirus… In the days and weeks ahead, we expect to see the number of cass, the number of deaths and the number of affected countries to climb even higher.”
Philippines Declares ‘State of Public Health Emergency’ After Confirming Local Transmission of COVID-19
Confirmed coronavirus cases in the country have now jumped up to 20.
- Philippine President Rodrigo R. Duterte has approved a proposal to declare a State of Public Health Emergency for the country.
- The said executive order makes it easier for the government to implement price freeze and to access needed medical supplies.
- Health officials continue to warn the public about coronavirus prevention as confirmed cases have reached 20.
Singapore Churches Are Now Holding Online Services To Prevent Spread of Coronavirus
Sundays have become silent in some major Singaporean churches.
- Several churches in Singapore have indefinitely suspended their meetings due to fears of coronavirus.
- This is despite the assurance of the health ministry that "services may continue" if preventive measures are observed.
Giant Tech Companies Are Imposing A Work-From-Home Agreement After Some Employees Get Infected With Coronavirus
Following the spread of coronavirus in the United States, Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft have allowed their employees to work from home.
- Giant technology businesses in Seattle and California, such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft, have decided to allow their employees to work from home.
- The decision has been made after some employees fell ill from the coronavirus.
- Meanwhile, other employees who couldn't bring their work home were advised to avoid close-proximity space with fellow workers and limit any personal meetings.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”