- Tayla Porter, 22, was about to go on her shift in the hospital.
- She couldn’t hold back her tears as her neighbors applauded her and even gave her a pack of chocolates.
- Her mother Ali said that they barely know anyone from their street, which made the gesture even more special.
Health workers deserve all the appreciation in the world for their heroic efforts in this time of the pandemic. An ambulance worker in the UK got just that in a moment so touching it made her burst into tears.
22-year-old Tayla Porter was on her way to her shift at the Basingstoke and North Hampshire hospital when she got the surprise of her life – the whole of her street gathered outside their homes, clapping their hands for her.
She was about to get into her car when this happened.
With her parents watching on, Tayla was unable to hold back her tears. As if the applause weren’t enough, she also discovered a pack of Cadbury’s Miniature Heroes placed on top of her car.
Her 55-year-old mother, Ali, said that the experience was “overwhelming for all of us.”
“Tayla just couldn’t believe it. She couldn’t believe that people would even notice what she’s doing. She just loves her job.I had no idea the whole street would come out. I just thought it might be our next door neighbours and the house opposite.”
She described that every single house on the street had at least one person who came out to clap for her daughter.
She said that the applause carried on all the way to their street and one can hear them clapping all the way up the next street as well.
Tayla with her mother, Ali, who saw the touching moment.
Ali said that the experience was so emotional that she could barely speak. It was just “overwhelming pride,” she added.
The fact that Tayla’s family barely know anyone on their street made the experience even more incredible.
The neighbors organized the moment by posting on the local village forum encouraging the people to join in the national clap for the carers at 8 pm. Ali mentioned to the neighbors that Tayla would be at work from 4 pm.
Tayla with her family on her graduation day.
Her younger sister Tash was celebrating her 21st birthday on that day, but Tayla still chose to go to work.
“There’s been some nights where Tayla’s come back and we’ve had to sit down and she’s had a bit of a cry from being exhausted. She’s seeing things that are quite scary. But she goes out there and puts a brave face on,” Ali said.
Watch the viral video here:
Romantic Guy Uses Drone to Meet Girl from A Nearby Building and Their Quarantined Love Story’s The Sweetest
It’s still possible to find love in the middle of a pandemic.
- Jeremy Cohen, a photographer from New York, used his creativity to find love.
- He spotted a girl dancing on a nearby rooftop and so he used his drone to send her his number.
- They eventually went out on a "dinner date" and now netizens couldn't help but watch out for updates about their unique love story.
Orangutan Sees Man Wading in Snake-Infested Water, Offers a Helping Hand
“Sometimes animals are guiding us back to our basics.”
- Indian photographer-slash-geologist Anil Prabhakar has captured a rare moment with one of the endangered Bornean orangutans.
- In a photo shared via Instagram, he showed an orangutan extending a hand to help a man out of a snake-infested water.
- He called it the animal's way of guiding humanity "back to the basics".
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
It’s a huge sacrifice so he could continue working with coronavirus patients!
- A young doctor has revealed the best way he could continue to help coronavirus patients while also keeping his family safe.
- The California-based doctor decided to move out of his home and live in a tent in his own garage.
- The set-up allows the doctor to avoid possibly infecting his own family as he continues to treat patients at the hospital.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News7 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”