Categories: OMG

CCTV Footage Shows Overcharged Cellphone Exploding and Causing Fire

Leaving your device unattended for too long is a bad idea!

  • A viral video on Facebook shows us the dangers of leaving a cellphone unattended while charging.
  • The device later exploded several times and caused fire.

Many of us have that habit of charging our phones just right before we hit the bed. Besides, we love the feeling of waking up with a fully-charged device as we wake up from our sleep, right?

Well that’s okay if your phone is equipped to handle that. Otherwise, you might want to think twice – especially after watching this video.

Case in point, a viral CCTV footage shows us how overcharging can be a terrible idea.

As you will see on the said video, leaving your gadget unattended while it is charging can lead to a tragic disaster.

Beware of your devices, everyone!

In a viral video posted on Facebook by a user named Jacklyn Chang, we see a possible scenario when people do that – and it’s pretty scary. The 30-second clip starts out quiet and then all of a sudden, it surprises viewers with a series of explosions.

The video description reads:

“CCTV recorded mobile phone been charged for too long and left unattended. It exploded and caused fire.”

You can watch the video here:

Like on Facebook

The video has since gained millions of views and thousands of netizens took time to comment on the post with some saying “cheap phones and batteries” could be the culprit in this accident.

Meanwhile, others got curious and speculated that the phone might be beside something which triggered rapid explosion after the first one.

So far, all we know is that the incident happened last May 11, 2019 as seen on the timestamp of the footage. No further information has been released regarding the incident so we’re left guessing about the exact location and the technical details of the fire.

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts

Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes

Swarm of bees stings the eyes of penguins in Cape town 60 penguins died from…

November 16, 2021

2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast

A massive ocean sunfish measuring 2,000 kilograms was caught on North African Coast It is named Mola alexandrini or…

November 16, 2021

Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards

A businessman in Georgia utilized the Covid-19 relief to buy a limited edition Charizard Pokemon card He committed…

November 8, 2021

Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway

Man captures an alligator in his neighbor's yard in FloridaHe uses a trash can to…

November 1, 2021

Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings

Man surprises the reporter with his answer on how he would use the money if…

November 1, 2021

Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing

A man was lost in the forestA man joins a search party looking for himselfHe…

November 1, 2021

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.