20 Genius Wardrobe Tricks EVERYONE Needs to Know About
Ever had a day ruined by a wardrobe malfunction? Never let it happen again with these awesome hacks!
Since time immemorial, humans have been donning clothes to protect themselves from the elements. Naturally, traipsing around in some bark or some deer hide quickly became out of style, which then eventually gave birth to fashion.
Fashion, of course, is a fickle mistress whose playfulness shows herself in the form of wardrobe malfunctions. I’m not talking about just nip slips and twerk-torn skirts, but also little inconveniences like tight shoes, shrinking sweaters, and unpleasant creases. That’s why it follows that everyone who wears clothes must be aware of these simple wardrobe hacks.
1. Apply clear nail polish on buttons to keep the thread from coming loose.
2. Use toothpaste to get permanent marker stains out.
3. Tuck your pant legs into your socks to keep them secure while wearing boots.
4. Household staples make for the best stain removers.
5. Use an eraser to get dirt stains out of suede shoes.
6. Give big t-shirts a ruched look with a large safety pin.
7. Deodorize your clothes fast with a spritz of vodka.
8. De-fuzz your winter coats with a pumice stone.
9. Whiten your shoes with a mix of powdered detergent, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide.
10. Keep your zipper up by attaching it to the button with a keychain ring.
11. Sew or glue a fastener in the strap of your dresses to keep your bra straps from showing.
12. Quickly dry damp clothes by throwing in a clean, dry towel while they’re in the dryer.
13. Remove water spots from leather shoes by rubbing the area with some vinegar.
14. Stuck zipper? Add some petroleum jelly to get it loose.
15. Put a foam roller in your hanger to keep it from creasing your pants.
16. Put your angora sweater into a Ziploc bag and put it in the freezer for a few hours to keep it from shedding.
17. Tight shoes? Put on some thick socks, wear the shoes, and then blow dry to loosen them up a bit.
18. Pen stains? Remove them with some hand sanitizer!
19. Soak new clothes in vinegar to keep them from bleeding onto your other clothes.
20. Chalk is a great way to remove grease from clothes!
What’s your favorite wardrobe hack? Share them with us below!