Categories: News

A Teenage Boy Was Almost Decapitated by Earphones in a Horrific Motorcycle Accident

Wired earphones worn under helmets can be potentially life-threatening.

One more item has been added to the list of the deadliest things on Earth. Care to hazard a guess on what might this item be? This might surprise you but it’s something that looks utterly harmless.

Your wired earphones.

Bradley Willoughby, a 16-year-old boy from Queensland, Australia was almost decapitated due to a motorcycle accident that occurred while he was practicing jumps. He made a bad landing and the motorbike’s throttle jammed, making him veer off into a barbed wire fence. The teenage boy was badly injured.

Bradley’s mother said that her son was a capable motorcycle rider.

Source: Daily Mail

As a result of the accident, Willoughby ended up with a lacerated abdomen, a badly dislocated and broken left ankle, broken tibia and fibula, and several cuts and bruises all over his body. However, the most life-threatening injury caused by the accident was the laceration on his neck. The thing is, he was wearing his wired earphones under his helmet when the accident occurred. The wires cut through the skin and muscles in his neck, narrowly missing his trachea.

Willoughby sustained multiple injuries, including a lacerated neck.

Source: Daily Mail
The injury that the earphone wire caused in his neck barely missed his windpipe.

Source: Daily Mail
He had multiple lacerations on his abdomen.

Source: Daily Mail

Immediately after the incident, Bradley’s mother thought that her son was dying. Mrs. Willoughby recounted that she and her husband tried to keep Bradley calm while waiting for the rescue chopper that will fly their son to Cairns Hospital.

Since the accident, Bradley has undergone two surgeries, one for his leg and another for his neck.

His neck injury required a separate surgery and was stitched.

Source: Daily Mail
His left leg likewise required surgery and had two large screws and a six-inch long plate placed to stabilize the bones.

Source: Daily Mail

Though their family is experiencing a difficult time due to Bradley’s condition, Mrs. Willoughby wants others to be informed of the dangers that can be caused by wearing wired earphones under helmets so people will not suffer the same fate as her son.

This was the earphone that Bradley wore during the accident.

Source: Daily Mail

Go share this warning with someone who rides motorcycles.

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts

March 14th Holiday – Pi Day or Something Else?

Table of Contents: Introduction: The Significance of the March 14th Holiday The Mathematical Marvel: Unraveling…

November 1, 2023

Mystery Of Missing Pages

Who made them disappear? What was the reason? Where did they go? Why? Gather round,…

July 26, 2023

Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes

Swarm of bees stings the eyes of penguins in Cape town 60 penguins died from…

November 16, 2021

2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast

A massive ocean sunfish measuring 2,000 kilograms was caught on North African Coast It is named Mola alexandrini or…

November 16, 2021

Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards

A businessman in Georgia utilized the Covid-19 relief to buy a limited edition Charizard Pokemon card He committed…

November 8, 2021

Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway

Man captures an alligator in his neighbor's yard in FloridaHe uses a trash can to…

November 1, 2021

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.