Categories: News

Italy Places Entire Country Under Quarantine To Fight Spread of Coronavirus

Italy has implemented a nationwide lockdown after a rapid rise of COVID-19 deaths.

  • Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has declared a nationwide lockdown in an attempt to further prevent the spread of coronavirus.
  • The total number of infected individuals in the country has now exceeded 12,000.

The government of Italy has implemented extreme measures to curb the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Just last Monday, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has declared that the entire country is officially under quarantine.

Previously, Italy implemented a “red zone” lockdown for Lombardy and other northern provinces, placing 16 million people in quarantine. Now the authorities have taken things into the next level by expanding the restriction to all areas.

According to Conte, this means residents are reminded to stay home. Only those reporting for work or heading for emergencies are permitted to go outdoors. Most public gatherings are also not allowed.

“No more nightlife,” declared the Prime Minister. “We can’t allow this anymore since they are occasions for contagion.”

Meanwhile, Foreign Affairs Minister Luigi Di Maio said that the “same precautionary measures” applied to Lombardy will now be adapted “in each region” of the country.

In Wednesday, China sent a special team of doctors to Italy. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said the medical professionals are “ready to share their experience” to help Italy deal with the crisis. The team also brought with them some much-needed medical equipment such as pulmonary ventilators, face masks, and hazmat suits, reported VICE.

As of this writing, Italy already has 12,462 confirmed cases of coronavirus. 827 individuals have succumbed to the disease.

The World Health Organization, on the other hand, has declared he coronavirus outbreak as a global pandemic as it has already reached all continents in the world, except Antarctica.

As Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus admitted:

“We have never before seen a pandemic sparked by a coronavirus… In the days and weeks ahead, we expect to see the number of cass, the number of deaths and the number of affected countries to climb even higher.”

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts

Live Streamer Lauded As Hero After Saving Asian Man From Mugger

Not all heroes wear capes!

April 11, 2021

South America Is Now The Most Worrying Region For Covid-19 Infections, Says WHO

“Nowhere are infections as worrisome as in South America.”

April 11, 2021

20 Celebrity Photos Taken Before They Were Famous

Can you name all these celebrities?

April 11, 2021

Scientists Discover Garbage As They Explore Philippine Trench’ Emden Deep At 10,045 Meters

“People think that if they throw something into the ocean, it will just decompose over…

April 11, 2021

Injured Stray Dog Goes To Vet Clinic To Ask For Help

“We were surprised because he knew where to ask for help.”

April 10, 2021

A Survivor Of the 1972 Andes Plane Crash Recalls Eating the Flesh Of His Dead Friends

They were faced with the most horrible dilemma - to eat the frozen flesh of…

April 10, 2021

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.