Lets face it: losing weight is not something that anyone can easily achieve without trouble. People nowadays have become health conscious not just because they want to flaunt their sexy bods, but because being healthy is very important to keep going.
Nutrition guru and blogger Amanda Meixner is generous enough to help everyone, especially those who have been following her on social media. She advised that you have to prepare your food in advance so that you don’t have to choose those “on the go” snacks from anywhere else when you are in a rush.
So here are her food tweak suggestions
Take note that these are pretty basic. You won’t really have a hard time looking for these food alternatives.
Milk chocolate, Vegetable/Canola oil, Sour cream vs Dark chocolate, Extra virgin oil, Guacamole
1. Milk chocolate contains 44g carbs, 41g sugar only 2g fiber, and 370 calories while dark chocolate has 13g carbs, 6g sugar, 5g fiber & 250 calories. Vegetable oil and canola oil are processed while Extra Virgin Olive oil doesn’t use chemicals. Sour cream adds 40 calories & 6g of fat while Guacamole contains 4g of fiber, antioxidant and avocados are good for the heart.
One smoothie vs one whole healthy meal
2. One strawberry shake from a fast food chain has 590 calories, but one whole salad will save the day that contains 4 cups spinach, 2 cups cauliflower, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/2 orange bell pepper, 2 eggs 3oz kimchi, 2 Beets, 1/2 avocado + 2 tbsp balsamic + 1 cup whole strawberries.
A lot of people have sweet tooth and sometimes, candies can satisfy
3. So instead of consuming around 15 jelly beans, which contains 140 calories, why not get nature’s candies like pineapple, blueberries and pomegranate seeds? They are tastier!
Some people eat very little in an attempt to lose weight but the thing is – it doesn’t really work!
4. You will only starve yourself too. Try getting a combo of 2 cups mixed greens, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/4 orange bell pepper, 1/2 cup cucumbers, 6 oz salmon with garlic seasoning, pepper & sea salt, and Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze to add to your taste.
These food tweaks "will not only save your waistline but also your health".
5. Obviously, the food set on top are processed foods, filled with sugar and bad oils while the others set below them are less processed & have lower-calories. Almost the same price, but the nutrients are certainly miles apart.
You can consume these guilt-free!
6. As Amanda said:
“(It) doesn’t mean you should have a clean eating lifestyle where you feel the need to binge on foods often. . Rather, you should have a healthy lifestyle you enjoy where you can have treats in spots you want them.”
These three different food swaps will also save the day
7. The regular ranch dressing, orange juice, and Iceberg lettuce are filled with too much sugar, artificial ingredients such as MSG and other artificial flavors. The Paleo ranch, oranges, and spinach are all organic and full of vitamins and minerals.
While these food tweaks are extremely healthy, it is also important to have the right mindset to have a healthy lifestyle.
Watch this video to learn more:
Early Riser Women Have Less Chance of Developing Depression Than Late Risers, Study Claims
It’s time to wake up early.
It's not easy to wake up early if you sleep late at night. However, a new study finds that women who get up early in the morning are less likely to get depressed than those who wake up late.
The study, conducted by the scientists at the University of Colorado Boulder, and Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, looked into over 32,000 women with an average age of 55. Researchers found out that those who are not morning persons are more susceptible to depression. The findings of this study were published in the Journal of Psychiatric Research....
A Photographer’s Chilling Capture Of Ukraine’s Serial Killers’ Gazes
I won’t mind staying out of their line of sight, please.
Independent photographer David Tesinsky, known for depicting controversial and unusual social topics through his photo series, embarked on another evocative photo-documentary, this time, in a prison in Kharkiv, east of Ukraine. Those who have seen his latest photos describe the portraits chilling.
Tesinsky, writing in an article entitled “I’ve Photographed the Gaze of Serial Killers In A Prison In Ukraine”, shared that the Kharkiv jail had more leeway for those incarcerated. The penitentiary for the worst criminals in Ukraine allows weddings of prisoners inside its walls, provides TV for each convict and offers a room for rent for those who want private time with their lovers.
Together with Ukrainian journalist Oleksiy Naumenko, Tesinsky photographs the looks of evil. Locked behind bars, his camera captures the faces of men and women convicted of killing strangers, policemen and family members - one of them guilty of murdering 29 people.
Check this gallery and gaze into the eyes of these killers, all of whom are serving life sentences....
Tibetan Girl’s Unconventional Beauty Shakes the Modeling World
Her look is so different, “out of this world” is a more fitting description for her.
Right now, when you say "supermodel," you immediately think of Kendall Jenner or the Hadid sisters, Gigi and Bella. They may differ when it comes to looks, but they are still considered conventional by modeling standards. Now a new model comes in and her look is so different, and some say "out of this world" is a more fitting description for her.
Tsunaina, who hails from Tibet and is currently living in the UK, has beautiful slanted eyes, gorgeous pouty lips, chiseled jawline, and lots of beauty marks scattered all over her lower face....