Generally speaking, Japan seems to be very effective about skillfully combining functionality and design. In recent years, people all around the world have praised products from the “Land of the Rising Sun” for both performance and style.
In fact, there are a lot of things from Japan that could turn our lives around. Here are 24 of them.
1. Braille, a form of written language for blind people, on top of cans.
2. Chair socks.
3. Real milk has a small notch on top of the packaging.
4. The taxi’s back doors open automatically, making it a lot easier for passengers carrying heavy bags.
5. Cooling band-aids.
6. The easiest Christmas tree to install.
7. Overnight must-haves.
8. Giant cup noodles for the mega hungry.
9. In order to purchase a vehicle, you need to prove to authorities that you have a parking space for your car/s.
10. Beauty gummies that have collagen and hyaluronic acid in it.
11. People lay out their futons to avoid mold.
12. Tree branches are being tied before winter to survive the heavy snow.
13. Felt balls used as air fresheners.
14. Public transport stops with a shield just in case of accidents.
15. People make unique snacks out of edible leaves.
16. A hotel room with a vending machine for your needs.
17. Brushes to make your house clean and spotless.
18. This cafe is open for 26 hours because 24 hours is too mainstream.
19. Eco-friendly toys instead of plastic and toxic ones.
20. A bag that absorbs the moisture from a wet umbrella to make it dry in no time.
21. Free toilet paper and printed information for you to read while in the restroom.
22. Jackets that you can wear like a backpack if it gets a little warmer.
23. Sparking shower.
24. Inflatable bathtubs and pillows.
Which of these items did you like the most? Let us know in the comments section below.
Muslim Buyers Criticize Nike For ‘Writing Allah’ on Shoe’s Sole
“This is disrespectful and extremely offensive to Muslims and insulting to Islam,” one woman wrote.
After the recent Marks & Spencer controversy accusing them of printing the name of Allah in their toilet paper, it looks like Nike is the next company to receive hatred from the Muslim community. In fact, thousands of Muslim consumers are demanding that the popular sports brand recall their Air Max sneakers.
The alleged offense, you ask? Well it's the same issue as with Marks & Spencer all over again! According to some people, Nike should recall their products for "insulting Islam" by "writing Allah" in Arabic on the shoe's sole.
3 Reasons Why You Should Expose Your Kids To Wordless Books
Not all great stories have words!
Countless experts have often reminded parents about the value of reading. According to them, exposing children to good books at an early age can be beneficial for their development.
One common misconception, however, is that when we talk about reading, it's exclusively about books with words. This is definitely not the case because wordless picture books are actually highly recommended as well.
In an educational blog post by Common Sense Media, we see some of the benefits of "reading" wordless books, particularly for toddlers and preschoolers....
25 Perfectly Timed Shots That Show A Rush Of Emotion
#21 is too adorable!
A popular saying states that “a picture is worth a thousand words.” While that sounded pretty complex, it is actually true. A picture tells a story just as well as, if not better than, a lot of written words.
Photographs are still shots so we won’t be able to hear the subject’s comments or reaction at the time. However, most snaps don’t need any explanation as the message could already be understood by the emotions shown in the picture. Here are 25 perfectly timed shots that show a rush of emotion.
1. What we all feel about photobombers.