- The antibody prevents the virus from penetrating 100 percent of the human healthy cells in their petri dish experiments.
- Sorrento Therapeutics has filed for emergency approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The antibody has yet to be tested on people.
California’s Sorrento Therapeutics claims that their scientists have discovered an antibody that blocks the coronavirus completely from healthy human cells. The company describes it as a “cure,” according to reports from Fox News.
The San Diego-based biotech company reported that its STI-1499 antibody prevented the coronavirus from penetrating 100 percent of the human healthy cells in their petri dish experiments.
The STI-1499 is just one of the antibodies that Sorrento plans to combine in a “drug cocktail” to be formed in collaboration with Mt Sinai School of Medicine in New York.
The company said they can produce up to 200,000 doses of the said antibody per month. This means that the drug can be made available sooner than the coronavirus vaccine that the world is waiting for.
Sorrento has filed for emergency approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
As of the moment, they are still waiting to receive the green light for it.
Dr. Henry Ji, CEO of Sorrento, said that the company “wants to emphasize there is a cure,” that this is a “solution that works 100 percent.”
He added that if a person has the neutralizing antibody in his body, then there will be no need for social distancing.
It should, however,be noted that Sorrento has yet to test their medicine on people. so there’s still no telling how the antibody might behave inside the human body.
The STI-1499 is just one in about a dozen antibodies that Sorrento has discovered to have an effect on the coronavirus. A cocktail of these could serve as a ‘protective shield’ for human cells.
“This puts its arms around the virus. It wraps around the virus and moves them out of the body,” explains Dr. Ji.
“When the antibody prevents a virus from entering a human cell, the virus cannot survive.”
CDC Issues Warning Over Mystery COVID-Related Inflammatory Syndrome In Children
This after 110 children in New York contracted the mysterious disease, while 3 of them died.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a health warning to doctors on a rare inflammatory symptoms on children that can be potentially linked to COVID-19.
- The mysterious COVID-related inflammatory syndrome has so far infected 110 children and killed 3 of them in New York.
- New Jersey has about 17 cases of the "multisystem inflammatory syndrome"; California has six; while other states including Connecticut, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Washington, have reported small figures of cases.
Churchgoers Reminded To Give Donations Amid Covid-19 Pandemic
“We must not forget and neglect this important and fundamental duty.”
- An organization accredited by the Catholic Church has reminded followers to give their donations.
- Members have been told not to "forget and neglect" this fundamental duty.
Doctors Warn About Strange Condition Among Kids Who Had Coronavirus
Symptoms include inflammation, persistent fever, and poor function of the organs.
- Symptoms of multisystem inflammatory syndrome include inflammation, persistent fever, and poor function of the organs such as the heart and kidney.
- Doctors expect that more cases of the condition will happen as coronavirus spreads to more people.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’