Categories: OMG

Man Dies After Being Sucked Into MRI Machine

The staff assured the man that the machine was turned off, but it was active.

A hospital is a place where you should feel safe and secure. For a man from India, however, the negligence of the hospital staff led to his untimely demise.

Rajesh Maru, a 32-year-old man, died in a freak accident after being sucked into an MRI scanner. He was carrying an oxygen cylinder into the examination room with his relative, Laxmi Solanki, who was a patient at the Nair Municipal Hospital in Mumbai.

Maru entered the room with the oxygen cylinder because the staff said so.

When he entered the room, the MRI machine was turned on and the high-powered magnets in the machine sucked him into the chamber. As a result, the oxygen tank leaked, emitting high fatal doses of liquid oxygen that Maru inhaled.

The police officials had arrested a doctor, Saurabh Lanjrekar, an attendant, Sunita Surve, and a ward assistant, Vithal Chavan, with charges of negligence.

Harish Solanki, the victim’s brother-in-law, said that one of the staff members has warned them to remove all magnetic objects like belts, pins, and others. However, Chavan, the ward assistant asked Maru to bring the oxygen cylinder inside, leading to the accident.

“We hesitated and my niece Priyanka even mentioned that the cylinder was metallic. But the ward (assistant) said the machine wasn’t on. Maru took the cylinder in, which was sucked toward the machine by its magnetic force. Maru got dragged along.”

An MRI scanner uses a strong magnetic field to capture images of the body organs.

Source: Pixabay

A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner is a machine used to produce three-dimensional anatomical photos of certain body parts, without the use of damaging radiation. It’s often used to diagnose diseases and detect abnormal growths in the body.

MRI scanners use strong magnetic fields, radio waves, and electric field gradients to produce images of the organs in the body.

Hence, people who enter the MRI room should not be carrying anything that's made of metal because the strong magnetic wave will suck them into the chamber.

Source: Pixabay

The staff was able to get Maru out of the machine but it was too late. His body has swelled up and he was bleeding all over.

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts

March 14th Holiday – Pi Day or Something Else?

Table of Contents: Introduction: The Significance of the March 14th Holiday The Mathematical Marvel: Unraveling…

November 1, 2023

Mystery Of Missing Pages

Who made them disappear? What was the reason? Where did they go? Why? Gather round,…

July 26, 2023

Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes

Swarm of bees stings the eyes of penguins in Cape town 60 penguins died from…

November 16, 2021

2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast

A massive ocean sunfish measuring 2,000 kilograms was caught on North African Coast It is named Mola alexandrini or…

November 16, 2021

Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards

A businessman in Georgia utilized the Covid-19 relief to buy a limited edition Charizard Pokemon card He committed…

November 8, 2021

Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway

Man captures an alligator in his neighbor's yard in FloridaHe uses a trash can to…

November 1, 2021

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.