She was in the middle of a phone call when she realized her battery was running low.
Over the past years, incidents of mobile phones catching fire, exploding or causing electrocution have dramatically increased. These spurred panic among mobile phone users.
In a recent incident, a girl died when her mobile phone exploded while she was making a call at her home in the village of Kheriakani, Odisha, an eastern state of India.
According to reports, the 18-year-old girl, Uma Oram, plugged her phone to charge it while she was speaking to a relative over a call when the accident occurred.
She decided to plug the device to charge it.
She was knocked unconscious and her family brought her to the District Headquarters Hospital. Unfortunately, she was declared dead by the doctors.
Durga Prasad Oram, the victim’s brother said:
“As the battery of the mobile phone was draining out, she plugged it for charging while talking over it simultaneously.”
“The cell phone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.”
The mobile phone is a Nokia 5233, which was released in 2010. A spokesman from HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, said:
“We are deeply saddened to hear of the unfortunate incident involving a 19-year-old girl that has been reported.”
“While we have not been able to independently verify the facts of any of these reports, we can confirm that the mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in December 2016 to create a new range of Nokia devices.”
“As HMD Global, we are committed to producing high-quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.”
However, Oram’s family members have demanded compensation from the mobile manufacturing company.
A massive ocean sunfish measuring 2,000 kilograms was caught on North African Coast It is named Mola alexandrini or…
A businessman in Georgia utilized the Covid-19 relief to buy a limited edition Charizard Pokemon card He committed…
Man captures an alligator in his neighbor's yard in FloridaHe uses a trash can to…
Man surprises the reporter with his answer on how he would use the money if…
A man was lost in the forestA man joins a search party looking for himselfHe…