Connect with us

OMG

Healthy Teenager Dies After Drinking Too Much Caffeine In 2 Hours

Caffeine lovers, beware.

If you are a big fan of caffeinated drinks, you might want to take note of this story. Recently, a teenage boy passed away after consuming excessive amounts of caffeine in less than two hours.

Davis Allen Cripe, who is only 16 years of age, reportedly drank a McDonald’s latte, an energy drink, and a large Mountain Dew “in quick succession,” according to a Metro article. Soon thereafter, the boy collapsed while he was at a high school in Columbia, South Carolina and he eventually died at the hospital.

Death by caffeine: Davis Allen Cripe drank a McDonald’s latte, an energy drink, and a large Mountain Dew in under two hours.

Source: via Metro

Coroner Gary Watts later shared that physicians determined the teen’s death as a ‘caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia.’

He, however, was quick to point out that the death wasn’t specifically a case of caffeine overdose.

Watts explained:

“This is not a caffeine overdose.

“We’re not saying that it was the total amount of caffeine in the system, it was just the way that it was ingested over that short period of time, and the chugging of the energy drink at the end was what the issue was with the cardiac arrhythmia.”

Before the tragic incident, Cripe was healthy and didn’t have any undiagnosed heart condition.

Source: via Metro

Watts added that Cripe was considered healthy by all accounts and didn’t have any undiagnosed heart problem. He was immediately rushed to the hospital but died about an hour after his collapse.

Watts went on to emphasize:

“We’re not trying to speak out totally against caffeine. We believe people need to pay attention to their caffeine intake and how they do it, just as they do with alcohol or cigarettes.”

You can watch the video report here:

Like on Facebook

According to the website caffieneinformer.com, Davis may have consumed around 470mg of caffeine in less than two hours. The site’s statistics tell us that a McDonald’s latte has 142mg of caffeine, a 570ml (20oz) Mountain Dew has 90mg, and a 450ml (16oz) energy drink can have as much as 240mg.

The European Food Safety Authority has previously mentioned in a 2015 report that consuming over 400 mg of caffeine could lead to health problems such as increased heart rate, higher blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, insomnia, and others.

Like & Share This Post

Funny

19 Perfectly-Timed Photos That Will Make You Look Twice

I cannot get over #3. Seriously.

While it is true that we sometimes utilize modern 3D effects or virtual reality just to see amazing things, there are indeed certain things in life that will make you look and think twice. They first appear to be this sort of stuff but end up very differently.

We here at Elite Readers decided to make a compilation of things that will make you look twice to figure out what is really going on. They are a combination of funny and interesting items, but their magic really relies on great timing and, well, coincidence.

Without further ado, here are some of the photos that will definitely make you stop and think. Go ahead and check them out for yourself. You can thank us later!

#1. Just how many dogs do I own?

Source: Reddit
#2. He almost caught me.

Source: Reddit
#3. You just got to understand it.

Source: Reddit
#4. Are you really confused right now?

Source: Reddit</div

#5. Wait, what?

Source: Reddit
#6. Just look closely.

Source: Pikabu
#7. Take a wild guess where the house is.

Source: Reddit
#8. Weird. Father is floating.

Source: Flickr
#9. What’s up with the umbrella?

Source: Reddit
#10. You got some serious powers there, ref.

Source: Reddit
#11. Is that… Is that… Nah, it is a bug.

Source: Imgur
#12. WTF happen to your head, Susan?

Source: Imgur
#13. Holy mother of…

Source: Imgur
#14. Does it smell good, dear?

Source: Reddit
#15. Where is his body?

Source: Reddit
#16. Just one of things a cat can do.

Source: Imgur
#17. Yup, it fits. It really fits.

Source: Reddit
#18. Optical illusion at its finest!

Source: Reddit
#19. Just shut up and kiss me!

So, what do you think about this compilation? Were the photos misleading enough to make you laugh or whatnot? Either way, be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!

Continue Reading

Funny

28 Funny Photos of Cool Parents Taking Things Easy In Parenting

No. 9 is epic!

By

Being a parent is a big responsibility to take on since you’ll be making sure that your kid grows up to become decent human beings. But let’s not forget that parents are humans and they are not perfect. They still make a lot of mistakes and many continue to learn how to become a better parent each day.

For some parents, though, they have accepted the fact that there are things that they can’t control. These are cool parents who are taking things easy as they always find a solution to every mistake made. The result is hilarious and, at the same time, clever. Check out the photos.

#1. Clever solution to the absence of a hair tie.

Source: Fetisov
#2. It's cool when you have engineers as parents.

#3. Your kid becomes Spiderman if you don't watch him.

#4. This guy's parents made his wife a Christmas stocking.

#5. Awesome Dad!

#6. When you want to be an ear for Halloween and dad lets it happen.

Source: mm620/Reddit
#7. If you can't get dad to leave his chair, join him.

Source: Facebook
#8. When your stomatologist dad wasn't able to get balloons for your birthday.

Source: Leena
#9. This drunk Dad made his dog learn how to pedal.

Source: chinalife
#10. "Nine-hour flight to Budapest. No problem. We’re an experienced family of travelers."

#11. When you're out with your little one for a "nice dinner."

#12. Awesome balancing skills.

#13. Expectation vs. Reality

#14. When you do your best to teach your kid how to swim.

#15. Note: The baby is fine! No harm done. Promise.

#16. Surely, they're good parents.

#17. When you have stay-at-home parents who took a trip to the Atacama desert.

#18. Doesn't matter if that's a new dress – she's happy with the cake!

#19. When you don't like your phone casing so you gave it to your dad instead.

Source: tmackisey/Twitter#20. Parenting in a nutshell.

Source: Imgur
#21. Just the perfect timing.

#22. This mom got too much time on her hands.

#23. "I am 24, and I live with my parents. This is my Christmas present. I think they are hinting at something."

Source: cheetahkk
#24. Dad finally learning about her daughter's tattoo.

#25. When you think your kid has a cute Christmas sweater, until you look at Santa.

#26. When you see it —- Coolest dad.

#27. This happens when you take your kid to the zoo and you get distracted for a second.

#28. When you still live with your parents as a grown-man and you get this for Christmas.

Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below! Share this with your friends and family.

Continue Reading

OMG

Man Sustains Serious Injuries After Vape Pen Explodes In His Face

This guy will never vape again!

By

Think a vape pen is much safer than a typical cigarette? Well, think again! An incident in Idaho shows us the dangers of using an electronic cigarette after Andrew Hall, a 30-year-old father, had experienced gruesome injuries after his vape pen exploded in his face.

As a result, Hall sustained second degree burns and lost 7 of his teeth. According to him, his electronic cigarette exploded without a warning.

Andrew Hall, 30, has been vaping for almost a year – and then something terribly bad happens!

In a report by the DailyDot, we learn that the explosion “caused the device to shatter in Hall’s mouth.” This apparently resulted to “knocking out a number of teeth and leaving burn marks on his cheek and neck.”

Fortunately, he was immediately rushed to the intensive care unit of a nearby hospital.

Hall later posted images, detailing his injuries to warn others about the dangers of vaping.

Meanwhile, some netizens expressed skepticism regarding Hall’s claims, questioning how a vape pen can cause so much injuries. Hall, on the other hand, responded to it by posting pictures of the charred e-cigarette along with his badly-damaged bathroom shrink.


Hall said in a post:

“I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.”

This guy will never vape again!

As of the moment, the details remain unclear about the cause of the explosion. Hall, however, believes it is probably because of the battery powering the device.

Hall also warned others:

“I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possibly sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.”

Continue Reading

Like Us On Facebook

Trending