Categories: OMG

14-Year-Old Boy Nearly Dies Playing ‘Duct Tape’ Challenge

He probably thought it was just a harmless game until he almost died because of it.

Neknominations, fire challenge, the Kylie Jenner lip challenge, salt and ice challenge, cinnamon challenge, hot water challenge, hot pepper challenge, the choking game

These are some of the most preposterous, extremely dangerous, yet highly popular fatuous games that have made rounds on social media.

Another internet craze that has recently gone viral is the “duct tape” challenge. A report says that this fad actually started in 2014, although it became more popular in 2015.

Using the adhesive, competitors are bound either to a chair or a wall. They are then timed to see how quickly they can break free from it. Whoever escapes first…well…earns bragging rights at least!

The game appears less perilous compared to the other social media challenges.

Well, I guess that’s what some of us thought.

Skylar Fish, 14, from Renton, Washington, took part in this latest trend.

His friends tightly wrapped his arms and legs. And while he was trying break loose, something unexpected occurred. The teen lost his balance and hit his head on a concrete and metal window frame. According to Detroit News Time, the young boy’s face smashed against a concrete wall; thus, crushing his eye socket and causing brain aneurysm.

Source: wetpaint

Skylar’s friends called for help. He was immediately rushed to Harborview Medical Center where he underwent immediate surgery. The teen got 48 staples from ear to ear to close the wound.

Source: aol

Sarah, his mom said, “It crushed his whole eye socket and pinched off nerves in his eye. [Teens are] just looking at what’s fun, what’s cool, what’s going to impress their friends. I can break out of this duct tape. I’m the strongest. I’m the best…They’re not thinking, ‘What if I fall and hit my head?

“I want people to stop and think that there are so many risks to any of these challenges. They’re dangerous.”

Meanwhile, social media users started to turn against this new craze since the photos of the teen’s injuries circulated on the internet.

Skylar was transferred to a pediatric hospital on Monday and is set to be sent home Friday. Doctors are unsure if the vision in his left eye will be restored. However, his mom is just thankful that he’s alive.

“Every time I look at him, I smile,” Sarah Fish said. “Every time I talk about him being alive, I smile — I smile because my son’s alive.”

“(Skylar has) learned his lesson. Kids are just going to be kids, but we just want to bring awareness,” she added.

H/T: Mirror, Fox News, UNILAD, NBC Philidelphia

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts

March 14th Holiday – Pi Day or Something Else?

Table of Contents: Introduction: The Significance of the March 14th Holiday The Mathematical Marvel: Unraveling…

November 1, 2023

Mystery Of Missing Pages

Who made them disappear? What was the reason? Where did they go? Why? Gather round,…

July 26, 2023

Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes

Swarm of bees stings the eyes of penguins in Cape town 60 penguins died from…

November 16, 2021

2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast

A massive ocean sunfish measuring 2,000 kilograms was caught on North African Coast It is named Mola alexandrini or…

November 16, 2021

Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards

A businessman in Georgia utilized the Covid-19 relief to buy a limited edition Charizard Pokemon card He committed…

November 8, 2021

Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway

Man captures an alligator in his neighbor's yard in FloridaHe uses a trash can to…

November 1, 2021

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.